hope sign

hope sign

Monday, October 19, 2015

Monday Morning Thoughts





Who will I trust?

Who will I trust when the nights are long and the days are short?

Who will I trust when I have more month than money?

Who will I trust when I cannot control the outcome of my situation?

Who will I trust when I don't have an answer to all my questions?

Who will I trust when my dreams seem so far away, the vision is blurry and the heart is growing sick?


Who will I trust?

Well, who do I trust when my days are long and my night is short?

Who do I trust when I have enough money in the bank?

Who do I trust when the answers are quick and the wisdom basket is full?

Who do I trust when my dreams are now reality and my heart is full and my vision is strong?

I have a hard time with gray...not so much the color but the state of being gray.  


Kermit is green and sometimes life is gray...there doesn't seem to be a "right" answer...the mind is in overdrive to find a quick solution.  Sometimes, a lot of the time, the solution is a slow release.  

I read this today in my devotion, Live Love Lead, "Whenever the path grows difficult for us, whenever we enter the valley of the shadow and feel as if the worst has happened, it is easy to struggle with being shortsighted and earthly minded.  Fear may seem like a natural or even reasonable response to situations and circumstances that threaten you...We can't imagine how we'll get through a painful ordeal, so we want to take the first way out we see.  We don't want to suffer, uncertain of when-or if- we will come out the other side.Do you know that your brain is not designed to fear but it is hard-wired for love? Fear is not a natural response, despite what you may believe.  Fear is a learned response and that is actually good news. Why?  If you can learn fear, you can also learn not to fear."

As I sit and my mind starts to race and my dreams are far, my vision is blurry and my heart starts to get sick (Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life.-Proverbs 13:12) (Unrelenting disappointment leaves you heartsick, but a sudden good break can turn life around.-Proverbs 13:12 MSG) I will renew my mind.  

When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.-Psalm 94:19 NLT

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.-Romans 12:2 NIV
I will go to my source...Jesus, His Word, my Faith Friends, Worship...it really works.  How does a person in peril have perfect peace?  They are constantly renewing their minds with their source...the source of everything good.  




Whatever is good and perfect is a gift coming down to us fromGod our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow.-James 1:17 NLT 

taken yesterday at the baptism...with my phone...no filtered sky there

No comments:

Post a Comment