hope sign

hope sign

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Symptoms of an Unthankful Heart

How are you looking at life, what do you see?
I have just started a study on an unthankful heart.  God has been dealing with me and letting me see how so many of our battles stem from an unthankful heart.  So I decided to just look up what the word unthankful means.  I got the words Thankless, Disagreeable, Unpleasant.  I knew I had to go deeper.  So I chose one of these words to search out.

Thankless- ungrateful, unappreciative
                  Related words- rude, thoughtless, ungracious

Again picking one of these words, I went a little deeper.

Ungracious- Synonyms
                      discourteous, disrespectful, ill-bred, ill-mannered, impertinent, inconsiderate, rude, thoughtless, uncalled for, unhandsome, unmannered, impolite
                     Other Words-
                     brazen, insolent, lippy, sassy, shameless, vulgar, blunt, crusty, curt, gruff, sharp, snippety, snippy, antisocial, improper, incorrect, crabbed, cross, disagreeable, grumpy, sullen, unseemly, arrogant, haughty, high handed, presumptuous, superior…many more but these stood out to me.

I was amazed at how deep an unthankful heart goes.

I was reading a blog called "The Wandering Shepherd" by Randall D Smith.  He quoted an old proverb,

"Instead of complaining that the rosebush is full of thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses."  

It's all in our perspective...

I read that and reread it and then I wrote it down.  This is all about the condition of our heart.  The condition of our heart determines our outlook on life and situations.  It is so important that we evaluate our heart condition.  Not a physical sickness but a spiritual sickness.  Let me tell you, if you are spiritually sick, you will become physically sick.  It is all connected.  That's why a Merry Heart is Good Like Medicine.  

So if you are doing a spiritual check up on yourself and find that some of the words above are part of your symptoms, maybe you need a good dose of Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self Control…The Fruit of the Spirit.  

I have to check and recheck myself.  I am aware that my heart is not always healthy.  Oh, how thankful I am for the grace that God gives to me during the unhealthy times.  He allows me to grow and loves me through it all.  As a lovely lady at church told me the other day, "HE'S STILL WORKING ON ME, KIMI".  I know that I am a work in progress and it's not always easy to keep the garden of my heart free from weeds that will destroy me and those around me.  Thank Jesus that He is the Master of it all and He will bring me through.

We are truly living a blessed life even if we fail to realize it.  I will be writing more about this as I continue on my study.  I hope this helps someone but if it's only for me that is okay.  He has to adjust me sometimes.

Just thought this was too funny

1 comment: