hope sign

hope sign

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Seeds Grow In Dark Places-CS Lewis




Our sky, one day last month


CS Lewis wrote, "seeds grow in dark places."

I read that this morning and the words will not leave me.  

It seems like there is a lot of darkness in the world today.  Christians, Americans, people all over the world are being killed daily.  In our own streets, homes, neighborhoods...death surrounds us.  But we are not defeated.  We are not without hope.  We are not destroyed.  

Seeds are growing in these dark places.  Seeds of life, love and peace.  Seeds that have been planted by the blood of soldiers believing for a better tomorrow. Seeds of Christians, standing for their Faith and their God.  Seeds of mothers, fathers, grandparents protecting their children...giving their lives in love. Seeds sown in prayer closets of praying mothers, sisters, Pastors, teachers. Seeds sown in back allies ministering to the needs of the homeless, beaten and hopeless.  

Don't be afraid of the dark.  


Allow the time of darkness to be a place of rest so your seeds have time to germinate and a new life to begin.  A new life of Hope. A new life of Peace.  A new life of Joy.  A New Life.  

We can't always see it in the early stages but eventually you will start to see signs of New Life.  It can only be hidden for so long.  

The faithful love of the LORD never ends!
His mercies never cease.
Great is his faithfulness;
his mercies begin afresh each morning.
-Lamentations 3:22-23 NLT


New Life on my Magnolia Tree

I want to encourage you today, don't be afraid.  Rest in the knowledge that in no matter what the circumstances are around me, Jesus loves me.  I will give myself and life to Him.  It really just might be a time of quiet gardening in your life.  I cannot wait to see what comes of the seeds that have been planted in me and by me, for His Kingdom.  



No comments:

Post a Comment