hope sign

hope sign

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

A Part of His Story

With each change in life, we have to say goodbye then we have to embrace this new phase or path that we are on.  


Bo and I have stepped onto a new path.  We have embraced this call to Shepherd the very heart of God, His Church.  To look at it as a whole, the overwhelming sense is, "I am not qualified or strong enough for this."  I am so glad, God does not allow us to see each step or obstacle before it's time.  I think we might all run away and never try.  One thing I have heard my whole life is that "God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called."  I am thankful for that.  It keeps playing and replaying in my mind, when I look around at the task at hand.  


I mentioned that we had to say goodbye first.  Goodbye to what?  Well, goodbye to fears and strongholds that have become a part of us.  Strongholds and fears can become such a part of our lives that we feel like they are what grounds us but they're not. They are the very things that bind us, keep us from moving on, keep us from stepping into the plan, becoming a part of the story and not just a story teller.  I desire to insert myself into the story that God has instead of being like the Seven Sons of Sceva in Acts 19 who tried to cast out demons with "I command you in the name of Jesus whom Paul preaches..." They were mimicking instead of living, inserting themselves, knowing this Jesus who Paul was preaching about.  Counterfeit Christianity will not fly.  The demons said, "I know Jesus, I know Paul but who are you?"  Then they attacked the Sons of Sceva and ripped their clothes off, leaving them naked and embarrassed.  

When I insert myself into His story, His calling, His Church, becoming a part, doing what I am called to do for such a time as this...the strongholds and fears begin to fall off my life.  I will take a step with the cover of TRUST because I do not know it all allowing God to direct me, what was fear has been overcome by love.  "Perfect love casts out all fear" 1 John 4:18.


The boy with 5 loaves and 2 fish, inserted himself into the story with his obedience to give what he had.  Paul inserted himself into the story by obedience to the call when Jesus himself knocked him off his horse on the road to Damascus.  Ruth inserted herself into His story when she clung to Naomi and served the God that Naomi had told her about...now she is in the lineage of Jesus.  

Yes, I had to take my shoes off...
my pigs were squealing

Let me encourage you today, insert yourself into His story.  Become a part of a local church, giving of yourself, letting go of what binds you and wraps you in fear.  You will see the strongholds and fears replaced with love. 

Bishop Don Bledsoe, Bishop Ronald D Estep
Pastor Bo VanDyke

 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, 
never lean on your own understanding.  
In all your ways acknowledge Him 
and He shall direct your paths.


No comments:

Post a Comment