hope sign

hope sign

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Still Brave in 2015?



Brave...
               Brave...
                              Brave...

Such a fitting word for my year.  Also, my word of the year.

2015 is requiring that I put on my Shield of Faith, Shoes of Peace, Belt of Truth, Helmet of Salvation, Sword of the Spirit (The Word), The Body of Armor of God's Righteousness.  Not forgetting Ephesians 6:18, "Pray in the Spirit at all times, and on every occasion.  Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere."

Many times we want to give the devil the credit for our struggles and sins but I have to tighten my Belt of Truth and say, it's mostly our own fleshly wants and desires...our lusts, our insecurities, our pride, our fears, our gluttony, our past...flesh.


In Ephesians 6:11 & 12, it tells us that we do have to put on the whole armor of God to stand firm against the strategies of the devil and evil in the unseen and dark world.  

I believe there are dark places that I refuse to see, inside me.  Places I don't want to shine a light on, because the darkness is comfortable and as they say, "ignorance is bliss".  Fortunately, Jesus won't leave me like He found me.  He shines a light on it all, as we mature and are more equipped to handle it. 


No, I am not getting ready for some big reveal or confession...this is not about that.  It's about preparing myself for the task at hand.  Making sure I am prepared for what I have been called to do.  Dealing with things so I can move forward and be the person, Woman, God has called me to be.  

The darkness that hides within us, is not a surprise to God.  I don't mean "evil" darkness, like you hear and see on TV or in movies.  I am talking about little areas that separate me from God.  Things that I have release to Him and allow Him to change me.  


See He is our Savior...our Knight in Shining Armor...our Crusader, who is wanting to free us.  I can just picture him on a white horse, grabbing us up into his arms and riding us off into the sunshine of freedom (Kimi's imagination station break).  


So, why do I have to be Brave in 2015 if I know God can do it all?  Not only do it all, but do it with grace, mercy, peace, love, forgiveness, kindness, gentleness.  Because, it requires something of me.  Each step requires that I continually put on the Armor of God, trusting in His authority and surgical skill-removing each tentacle of sin without damaging the good.  


The question is, Am I willing to let God?  Yes, He can do it all but I have to give Him access.  I have to yield and as I stated above, "Pray in the Spirit at all times."  

As He does this work in me, I am starting to see changes.  I cannot think like I used to.  That is such a strange thought.  He has even changed my thought process.  He amazes me.  

So, I will put on the Armor of God and make sure I pray in the Spirit, giving Him access to me-all of me. How about you?  

Brave...
              Brave...
                            Brave...

All photos are from a photography day with my daughter Kelcie.  She is
the girl in the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment