hope sign

hope sign

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

How To Take A Real Rest



Today in our Women Empowered Bible Study, we started to see how God is showing us how to enter into real rest.  

What is real rest?  

I thought we were supposed to work, run, "Go into all the World"...that doesn't sound like rest.  

It's not rest in ourselves but His Word says that He will show us how to take a real rest.

Matthew 11:28-30
Are you tired?
Worn out?
Burned out on religion?
Come to me.
Get away with me and you'll recover your life.
I'll show you how to take a real rest.
Walk with me-watch how I do it.
Learn the unforced rhythms of grace.
I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you.
Keep company with me 
and learn to live freely and lightly.

In real rest, there is a peace that passes all understanding.  In real rest, you will walk and not grow weary, walk and not faint.

Isaiah 40:31
But those who trust in the LORD
will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint.

This is a promise from our Creator.  Who knows us better than He?  

What will our response be to His invitation to "Come to me...get away with me and you'll recover your life."?  Inaction is a response of disobedience and/or distrust.  To rise like the paralytic, take up our bed and walk (Mark 2:1-12)...taking action...we will begin to walk this New Life...I am a new creation...walk in your salvation and healing.  

What is He waking you up to today?  What will your response be?  

Lamentations 3:22-23
Because of the Lord's great love 
we are not consumed,
for His compassion's never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.


A real rest begins with trusting God, even when we don't feel Him, see Him...TRUST HIM!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment