hope sign

hope sign

Thursday, July 2, 2015

God Is Love

What does the LORD require of you in exchange for His love?







Can we do anything to earn the love of God?

Can we impress God so that He loves us more than our neighbor?

Can we use say the right words, pray the right prayer, worship in a way that will manipulate God into loving us?

NO!!!!

Just like that photo above, Henry vacuuming the floor has no impact on whether I love him or not.  I love him because he exists.  I loved him before he drew his first breath.  I loved him as soon as I knew about him.  


God's love goes so much deeper and started way before our existence.  It's so deep and vast that our human minds have trouble comprehending the love of God.  We have trouble believing that God is Love and all Love comes from Him because, if it is real, it is God.  

I just heard a song that keeps on rolling around in my mind and spirit.  

You thought I was worth saving
So you came and changed my life
You thought I was worth keeping
So you cleaned me up inside
You thought I was to die for
So you sacrificed your life

So I could be free
So I could be whole
So I can tell everyone 
I know

by Anthony Brown and Group Therapy

He saw your worth before He breathed life into you.  He saw your worth even while you were living a sin filled life.  He has loved you since before time began. He doesn't require you to come to Him after you have everything all perfected.  He does the perfecting.  He does the cleaning.  He does the work...we just have to come to Him.  

As He begins to change us, we will see that it is only in Him that we find fulfillment, satisfaction, sanctification, holiness, freedom, completeness.  



If you see someone who is hurting today, in need of what you have, please, tell them about Jesus.  Give them this life saving Savior.  Don't walk away knowing you have what they need.  

Philippians 1:19
For I know that as you
pray for me and the Spirit of 
Jesus Christ helps me,
this will lead to my deliverance.

1 Timothy 2:1-4
I urge you, first of all, to 
pray for all people.  
Ask God to help them;
intercede on their behalf,
and give thanks for them.
Pray this way for kings 
and all who are in
authority so that we can live
peaceful and quiet lives
marked by godliness and 
dignity.
This is good and pleases
God our Savior, 
who wants everyone to be 
saved and to understand
the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment