hope sign

hope sign

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Words Thoughts Actions



Sometimes I think that I set myself up with my "Word of the Year".  Why would I choose the word BRAVE? Am I crazy??  

Butterfly in the making...that is me

Let's truly think about it...

When does one have to be brave...not in times of relaxation or just chillin. 

What does it mean to be brave?  Well, lets look at what the dictionary says...

Bravery...the quality that allows someone to do things that are dangerous or frightening: the quality or state of being brave. link

Dangerous...Frightening...why would I choose the word BRAVE?

Henry being Brave...he makes me smile

I am a true believer that our words have significant power.  Our words come from our thoughts and grow into our actions.  So, why would I choose the word BRAVE for 2015?    

Believe it or not, I prayed about choosing a word for 2015.  I knew that my life was going to be altered this year.  I knew that God was going to require a little more of me.  I knew it was going to be a little scary (frightening).  So, knowing all that plus some things that I wont share...the Wednesday night Worship Team at church started singing this song by Bethel Music and it stirred something inside.  

Everyday while I was seeking the LORD about my "Word", I kept hearing, "You make me brave...you make me brave...you call me out beyond the shores into the waves".  Over and over the song filled me.  "You make me brave...You make me brave...no fear can hinder now the promises you made".  It became my mantra so to speak.  

Trust...No Fear...Just like Henry fully trusts Kirt here.

You see, I could have chosen another word and it probably wouldn't have made the world stop.  But since words have power, I needed a word to help me through the frightening times of 2015.  The times when I don't what to say to someone who has lost a loved one.  The moments when doubt tries to invade my thoughts and heart.  When my inability tries to override my calling.  When questions invade my mind and someone I love is unsure of the timing.  What about those times when I hear someone else would have been ideal for the calling but...?  


I don't pretend to understand it all or at all.  But I do know this...He is my peace in the midst of all the uncertainty and questions.  He is my rock.  He is the One who called me.  He is the One my heart desires to please all the time.  


So I will rest in Him.  I will take up my sword and stand my ground...relying on Him to make me brave when necessary.  I will do my best to walk in step with God.  

No comments:

Post a Comment