hope sign

hope sign

Thursday, March 5, 2015

I Am Content At 43!

Gosh, my house is so quiet.  Nothing but the sound of the neighbors snow blower and the heat running. Just so quiet.  

My greenery has all turned white.  Heavy laden
with snow.
I was thinking about the days when my house was full of kids, wanting to go outside and play in the snow. It took us forever to get them all dressed in snow suits, gloves, hats, scarves, boots...I thought the chore would never end.  Not long after being outside, we would come in because someone would have to use the potty.  The strip down and warm up.  Piles of clothes, socks, boots, all by the kitchen door. Getting them redressed all warm and dry, sitting around the TV with hot chocolate and a snack.  I would go into the kitchen, hang up all the wet clothes so if we decided to go back out, our stuff would be dry.  There would be laughter and fighting, games and TV, naps and cuddles.  My oh my, where did the time go?  As the kids became teenagers, not only did I have their stuff lying around, we always had about 4 more kids in the house.  Then I made them use the basement for dressing and undressing so you could get through the house.  

Scovia's first snow angel a couple years ago.

Bo always likes to cook a pot of soup or a big meal on snow days.  He is very talented and can feed many people in a short amount of time.  He gets that from his Granny Pritchard.  She was a master at serving others.  

This was several hours before the snow stopped falling.

In the quiet our minds can remember, dream, plan and we can just be still.  In the first half of my adult life there wasn't a moment to truly be still.  Three kids in three years, raising them, Bo was building a business, church business, school, extended family. Snow days were busy because the kids were home and somebody had to take care of them, entertain them, referee them, protect them, love them.  I enjoyed those days oh so much.  But now the snow days are quiet.  I have made a choice to enjoy these days as well.  

My niece sent me this pic of my sister in law Wendy,
brother in law Roy and their grandson Gabriel.
Best pic all day.
Paul said, "...I have learned in whatever state I am in, to be content:" Philippians 4:11b NKJV.  That is my goal.  You see whether my home is full of children or if it's just Bo and I, I know I am blessed.  I know that God is still on the throne and I am His child.  I know that if I am in the throws of grief or on the mountain top of joy, God is God.  My condition or attitude does not affect His Godliness.  If I believe in Him or not...He is still God. I find that very comforting.  

I just want to say that I LOVE JESUS!!  How bout you?!




Our snow walk 




No comments:

Post a Comment