hope sign

hope sign

Monday, February 2, 2015

Do You Live Externally or Internally?





I look out my window today and I see rain.  It looks super cold out there.  My house is all warm and cozy but I cannot stay inside today.  I can see the rain drops hanging on the tree branches like little crystal beads.  The sky is gray, the atmosphere is hazy, the snow has melted for the most part which means I can see all the mud, brown grass...yuck, yuck, yuck.  


Oh but my soul sings praises to the maker of all things.  I don't feel depressed today.  I guess I should, it is the perfect day for it.  No sun, that I can see...no warmth for the body...nothing pretty to look at outside.  But I feel refreshed, renewed, joyful this dreary Monday morning!!!  

I started my day with the usual devotions and such.  Had tea instead of coffee. I ate some blueberries and yogurt (my husbands brand which I decided to try and loved it).  I watched something that made me laugh and that's when joy entered into my day.  With this joy, I feel strengthened.  With this joy, I feel ready.  With this joy, I know today is going to be a good day.  


If I decide to live this day externally, gauging the "goodness" of my day or life by what happens around me or how others are living, only distracts me from seeing the goodness of the LORD.  I cannot count on someone else to make me happy or complete...Only Jesus can do that.  I cannot depend on someone else's relationship with God to keep me connected and strong in the LORD. That is my responsibility.  Bo cannot do my devotion for me, he is not responsible to keep me strong in my walk.  Sure, he can and does encourage me but in the end, I will have to stand before God and answer for myself. 

I make the decision to be happy, content, joyful.  I also make the decision not to be.  



If I decide to live this day internally, gauging the "goodness" of my day or life on Who lives inside me, Who made me, Who is my source, Who is my deliverer, Who is my healer, Who is my everything, I will be overflowing with Joy unspeakable and full of Glory.  I will see the brushstrokes of our Creator when I look at those around me.  I will realize that it's not all about how Kimi feels and what Kimi wants.  I will love deeper and more freely.  I will give without expecting anything in return.  I will look outside and see the wonderful creation and instead of focusing on the gray sky, I will focus on the way the raindrops hang on the tree limbs like crystals, enjoying the stillness of the morning.  

Choose Joy today.  


Psalm 150

Praise the Lord!
Praise God in his sanctuary;
    praise him in his mighty heaven!
Praise him for his mighty works;
    praise his unequaled greatness!
Praise him with a blast of the ram’s horn;
    praise him with the lyre and harp!
Praise him with the tambourine and dancing;
    praise him with strings and flutes!
Praise him with a clash of cymbals;
    praise him with loud clanging cymbals.
Let everything that breathes sing praises to the Lord!
Praise the Lord!



No comments:

Post a Comment