hope sign

hope sign

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

On Your Feet Now-Applaud God!

Today I am reminded to be thankful.  

It's easy when we are surrounded by family and friends at Thanksgiving and Christmas to focus on what we are thankful for...we have them right in front of us.  But after everyone has went home, back to their own daily lives, the celebrations are over, the routine is back in full swing...we put the festivities out of our minds...the winter blues can creep in.  

Get sign here

My dad says, "The problem with life is, it is so daily".  So many of us just cannot seem to handle the day to day...we are so much better with the pop ups and pop ins than with the faithfulness/dailiness part.  


When we see ourselves getting too bogged down with the dailiness of life, looking around and seeing nothing new or the routine is starting to get to us...REMEMBER to be THANKFUL.



We have to remind ourselves to be thankful.  It is a decision we make.  Today, I choose to be thankful.  I will look around and see the the blessings in my life. Yes, it's cold but the snow is beautiful and I have heat in my home, car, and office.  Yes, the dishes need washed but that just means I have food in my belly and my thirst is quenched.  Yes, the laundry needs doing but that just means I have clothes on my back and a variety at that.  I need gas in my car...Thank you God for my car.  I need to clean my house...Thank you God for my house.  I need to lose weight...Thank you God for food.  I have to go to work...Thank you God for a job.  



I have posted this scripture before, but I needed it today and I would like to share it again.  I love it in any translation but I adore the way the Message Bible has it.  

A Thanksgiving Psalm


On your feet now—applaud God!

Bring a gift of laughter,

sing yourselves into his presence. 

Know this: God is God, and God, God.

He made us; we didn’t make him.

We’re his people, his well-tended sheep. 

Enter with the password: “Thank you!”

Make yourselves at home, talking praise.

Thank him. Worship him. 

For God is sheer beauty,

all-generous in love,

loyal always and ever.

-Psalm 100 MSG


I am going to have this scripture made into a sign and hang it on my wall in my kitchen/family room area.  I need to be reminded daily, TO BE THANKFUL!


I will sing/dance myself into His presence today...Love that.  Although, Henry told me that boys don't dance because it makes them into POOFY POODLES...best line ever.  

Dance anyway!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment