hope sign

hope sign

Friday, November 14, 2014

Shiftings, Battles, Poor of Sight...LOOK UP!!




Oh, to be who you created me to be.
To walk the path, you set before me.
To love all your creation.
To serve with a heart of compassion.


This is my prayer this morning.  Stirring in my soul.  I know God is in control.

Even as life shifts and changes around me...God is in control.  

When I hold onto things that have the potential to destroy me and those around me, I limit God's ability to use me.  

He has filled me to overflowing, but instead of giving, I hoard it unto myself. God cannot continue to fill me and use me because I am all full and used up. Things that He blessed me with, to bless others, are now rotting in my store houses and barns because of my refusal to give.  Have you ever been there? Are you there now?  Living in fear that someone might come and try to take God's blessing away from you.  So we hold onto what wasn't meant for us so tightly that what God has for us, we cannot grasp...our hands are already full.  

Pour yourself out and let God refill you with Himself.  

His plans for us are so much greater than anything we could ever imagine.  Just because the battle is hard today, doesn't mean that all is lost.  We go through many seasons and guess what...seasons change.  It doesn't surprise God when we struggle or battle...He knows and He is in control.  God frees us up by taking on the responsibility to bless and provide for us.  

For I know the plans 

I have for you,” says the Lord

“They are plans for good 

and not for disaster, 

to give you a future 

and a hope.

-Jeremiah 29:11 NLT

In the middle of the battle, it's hard to see God.  The battle is dusty, distracting, exhausting and hard, I know.  So we struggle through very tired eyes for the backup, for a glimpse of hope but because we are weary and poor of sight, we cannot see anyone on our side.  We are looking to our left and right.  We are looking ahead and behind.  We are looking from side to side and all around, causing ourselves to become dizzy and disoriented...LOOK UP!! Our help is up!!

 I will lift up mine eyes 

unto the hills, 

from whence cometh my help.

 My help cometh from the Lord
which made heaven and earth.
-Psalm 121:1-2 KJV

The LORD didn't promise to keep us from the battle.  He didn't promise that life would be easy.  He gave us many examples in His WORD of just the opposite.  Battles have been a part of humanity since the beginning of time.  But He did promise to be with us, love us, guide us, comfort us, deliver us, walk with us...even death is just a shadow, when you are a child of GOD.  A shadow cannot hurt us.  

LOOK UP
LET GO 
BE FILLED 
GIVE
BE REFILLED
GIVE 
ENJOY!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment