hope sign

hope sign

Monday, November 10, 2014

New Life...It Can Be Scary

I am 43 years old.  

I moved from my parents house when I got married and within the year, had a baby.      


                                      1989, I got married.



                                     1990, I had a son.

Jake

                                       1991, I had a daughter.

Juliana

                                       1992, I had a daughter.

Kelcie

                                                    STOP

Bo and I stopped having children on the last day of 1992.  December 31st, our youngest was born and we didn't have another child.  

Since that time, I have always had a child living with me.  Sometimes 3, 2, 4 (grandchildren), 1...but never 0!

This week, my son and his wife and baby will be moving out of our home, into a home of their own.  I am so excited for them but it's gonna be weird.  

At the beginning of this year, I chose a word to describe what I would focus on in my prayer life and study and even in my writing.  I chose the word(s) New Life.  

I knew that I had 2 grandchildren on the way... 

Luke

Bo


but the surprise was that an unexpected blessing in the form of an 18 month old boy was also awaiting us. 


Parker

My son in law has a son that was a surprise.  So instead of having 3 grandchildren, I now have 4...ALL BOYS!!!  New Life.

God has taken Bo and I into new places in the church and WORD.  We are now Pastors in our church, teaching and leading His people.  Offering the Good News and making disciples for the Kingdom...NEW LIFE.

Now, we are going to be empty nesters, for the first time in 25 years.  Our youngest is in college in Florida and the two oldest are married with children. This type of New Life is kind of scary for me.  I am excited and a little apprehensive at the same time.  So many questions and I don't want to feel old.  Children bring life into a home and now my home wont have children living here...it's such a crazy thought for me.  

Yes, I am aware that my children and grandchildren only live 2 miles down the road but in the routine of it all, it will be just Bo and I.  


All my grandsons

Today, I am determined in my heart that I will embrace this New Life. 

Tomorrow, well I'm not sure but today I'm good. 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment