hope sign

hope sign

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

I'm HOME!!!!

Well, I am finally back!!  I spent 10 days in Italy with my amazing husband, celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary and then left 2 days later for North Carolina with some friends for a Women's Conference.  It has been a busy month.  
Baby Bo and his Daddy



In that time, my computer would not work.  I have not been able to upload my pictures from Italy except the ones I took on my phone.  I will be getting that done in the next week or so.  

I have noticed that leaving my home is hard.  I have always been under the impression that I could move away, no problem.  I haven't ever moved away but I just thought that it would be easy...a new adventure.  WRONG!!!!  It's funny that at 43, I am still learning things about myself.  Kimi likes to be in her familiar surroundings, around her family, church and friends.  She is not good at leaving the country. She gets homesick by day two!!  However, sometimes, we must step outside of our comfort zone.  Guess what, it's uncomfortable. It opens us up to new and exciting things and it gets the blood flowing because it is a little scary and uncertain.  

My husband was full of patience with me and understood my homesickness.  It didn't engulf me and keep me from enjoying my time in Italy.  But, I can see how it can paralyze some.  I am thankful for God's presence in my life.  That no matter where on this beautiful earth, I am, He is with me.  

You’re all I want in heaven!
    You’re all I want on earth!
When my skin sags 
and my bones get brittle,
    God is rock-firm and faithful.
Look! 
Those who left you are falling apart!
    Deserters, 
they’ll never be heard from again.
But I’m in the very presence of God
    oh, how refreshing it is!
I’ve made Lord God my home.
    God
I’m telling the world what you do!
-Psalm 73 25-28 MSG


Today, I hope you know that no matter what is happening in your life, GOD is there.  No, He doesn't always rescue us from life, but He is always our strength and help.  He is always there.  Life has many seasons.  Some are easy and others are hard, but the one constant thing we can depend on is the presence of God.  You can have refreshing and renewal and rest even in the midst of the battle.  That is His gift to us.  Some may not understand, that's okay.  Some may ridicule and make fun, that's okay.  It will make some angry and they will lash out, that's okay.  When we are aware of the very presence of God- we are refreshed, home, rested and uplifted.  

Be blessed.  


Baby Bo...Grammy's heart



No comments:

Post a Comment