hope sign

hope sign

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Mary's Song

Easy for us, a challenge for him.  But he wanted to help.



When God asks me to do the impossible, unthinkable, scariest thing...let this be my response.


And Mary Said, 
I'm bursting with God-news;
I'm dancing the song of my Savior God.
God took one good look at me, and look what happened-
I'm the most fortunate woman on earth!
What God has done for me will never be forgotten,
the God whose very name is holy, set apart from all others.
His mercy flows in wave after wave
on those who are in awe before him.
He bared his arm and showed his strength,
scattered the bluffing braggarts.
He knocked tyrants off their high horses,
pulled victims out of the mud.
The starving poor sat down to a banquet,
the callous rich were left out in the cold.
He embraced his chosen child, Israel;
he remembered and piled on the mercies,
piled them high.
It's exactly what he promised,
beginning with Abraham and right up to now.
-Luke 1:46-55 MSG

My prayer today is that God will give me a heart like Mary.  Willing to do anything He asks and then do it with such joy.  In this scripture you can really see Mary's love for God.  I have read it over and over again, I am still in awe.  The battle she is going to have to go through, the pain, the rejection, the talk, the brokenness...she counts it all an honor to be selected by God.  Oh give me a heart like that.  

I wonder what my response would have been. Would I break out in a joyous song or a song of woe?  What would your song have been?  What is our song today?  

No comments:

Post a Comment