hope sign

hope sign

Monday, August 4, 2014

Humbled By Their Willingness

I can't believe I am saying this but I was so looking forward to Monday.  After all the activities of last couple of weeks and this past weekend, Monday just sounded good to me.  Not really that this week will be any slower but I knew Monday was FREE!!!  

Yesterday, our church hosted a picnic for its families.  We had such a good time.  I was so impressed by our young ladies.  They took it upon themselves to plan activities for the little ones to help keep them busy and just have fun.  It didn't bother them that a little rain was falling.  

I made an announcement for the parents to maybe plan some games for their little ones and my 12 and 14 year old girls came to me with all kinds of plans.  I was almost in tears seeing the heart these young ladies have for the little ones.  It was so much fun to watch them interact and our little ones had a blast.  

I love to see young people take the initiative to plan, prepare and lead.  No one forced them or even asked them.  They heard about a need and set out to fill it.  

So today, I am giving a shout out to my God daughters, Georgia and Abby Kerns and to Shanique.  I am so proud of you.  






These girls did not do this for praise or to show how mature they are or even to prove a point...they did it out of a pure desire to help.  Oh how I wish we all had such pure motives.  I am humbled by their acts of kindness.  I am humbled by their pure desire of being a help.  No fanfare needed, just give them some shaving cream, shower caps and cheese curls...BOOM, we gotta game.  Great game, great girls, great fun...LOVE IT!!!  

I hope you all have a blessed Monday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment