hope sign

hope sign

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Be A Sunshine Break




These boys bring sunshine into my life.

What can you say today, to brighten someones life?

Could it be, "I love you" or "I'm thinking about you"?

Maybe, a text sent to your spouse, telling him/her that your day would be better if you were together at that very moment.



Beautiful Havre de Grace, Maryland

Do you ever think that being an encourager is a ministry?  Lifting people up, acknowledging them and their gifts, being a cheerleader for others...a ministry. Building their faith, helping them reach their full potential, seeing beyond yourself...ministering to the needs of others. 

I actually know a couple of people who are exactly like what I just typed...encourager's.  Let me tell you, IT'S A CALLING STRAIGHT FROM GOD!! 
I honestly don't know where I'd be without my encouragement enhancers. Bringing light into this dark world.  Not a fake, sickie sweet lie.  True, from the heart, L*O*V*E!  




I want to be the sunshine in someones life.  Not just my family and close friends, but to someone who I just met.  Smile at a stranger.  Hold the door open for someone.  Be kind.

There is a song that us Estep kids learned when we were little...

Do unto others
as you would have them 
do unto you.
Be kind to others 
and you'll find 
that they'll be kind too.
Don't make a promise 
unless, it's one you can keep.
The Golden Rule is simple
It means what you sow
you will reap.

I read bad news all day long.  It's on every social media outlet, it's on TV, it's in the paper...it's everywhere.  It is so easy to see the world going bad.  But even the media knows to put something funny or nice in the mix of all the bad. That's what we should be for someone.  We can be their sunshine break in bleak and broken world.  



No comments:

Post a Comment