hope sign

hope sign

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Judge...You Must





Good Morning!! 

I woke up this morning feeling fine.  I woke up with heaven on my mind.  I woke up with joy in my soul...until I opened my computer to see what is going on in my little world today.  

Isn't it funny how we can be feeling like we are doing good and then read something and it just changes the way we see ourselves?  I don't mean in a good way either.  We can be doing our best to help, serve, live for God, keep our hearts pure, do the right thing and then someone (unintentionally, I hope) makes us feel completely the opposite.  Why do we give others this power?  Especially, when it is usually the one(s) who really don't want to be a part of our lives.  We hand over our hearts and emotions to people who have shown no true interest, just a passing glance and we take that as a sign, they love me. Maybe they do but not the way we want to be loved, but we take it anyway, giving them the power to take us from feeling good, to feeling inadequate and sub par.  

We have to be careful who we give this power to.  Some say, don't give it to anyone, but that leads to a life of loneliness and separation from others...I can't live that way.  I need people.  I have to be selective and know who it is that I am putting my trust in.  I give these select friends, family, mentors, authority to really speak into my life.  Some are for a season and others are for life.  I think the season is what opens us up for some real trials and growing.  It can cause hurt and tears will follow but it is necessary for growth and it does have a purpose.  

Some I give authority to disciple me.  Others are my fellow disciples, learning along side me.  Others speak into my life, occasionally.  I love it when they are around, they have great insight.  I will eat from their table but when the day is over, I go home.  

So, today, I take back the power from the "religious bashers", yes, I am religious.  
re·li·gious
riˈlijəs/
adjective
  1. 1.
    relating to or believing in a religion.
    "both men were deeply religious, intelligent, and moralistic"
    synonyms:devoutpiousreverentgodlyGod-fearing, churchgoing, faithful,devotedcommitted
    -Google search


    re·li·gious

     adjective \ri-ˈli-jəs\
    : of or relating to religion
    : believing in a god or a group of gods and following the rules of a religion
    : very careful to do something whenever it can or should be done

    Full Definition of RELIGIOUS

    1
    :  relating to or manifesting faithful devotion to an acknowledged ultimate reality or deity <a religious person><religious attitudes>
    2
    :  of, relating to, or devoted to religious beliefs or observances <joined a religious order>
    3
    a :  scrupulously and conscientiously faithful
    -Merriam-Webster Dictionary online
Calling my motives and moral disciplines into question, like I am a heretic because I have standards. So many people scream on daily basis, "DON'T JUDGE ME", all the time judging the ones they are screaming at.  When you are screaming at me not to judge, aren't you the one judging the fact that you think I am judging you?  Gets a little crazy!!!  

Personally, I don't see how we can live a life without judgement.  It's not like I have the authority to send you to hell or heaven...only you have that authority.  I make judgements all the time.  I made them when my kids were growing up, yes, sometimes I had to say, "they aren't good for you.  I would rather you make a new friend."  Was I unkind, usually not...sometimes, yes.  C'mon, I'm talking for real here.  I make judgements on who I will be friends with and who I allow into my life.  

We have to judge.  It's part of going forward in life, growing, changing, becoming who we were created to be.  I choose to be kind and try not to be mean about it.  I want to embrace people like Christ did.  But to tell the truth, He never left them in their mess, there was always a change.  Yes, He loved them all but He wasn't passive and He always spoke the truth.  He did judge people, He does judge people and one day, will be the final judgement.  

Today, be kind to others and to yourself.  It's okay to be religious and grounded.  

Some of my most trusted authorities.
They are not seasonal!!!

Not sure if this is for anyone but me.  By the way, in case you didn't know...I am a Christian...that is my religion...100%!

No comments:

Post a Comment