hope sign

hope sign

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Happy Father's Day



My Daddy
at my nephews college graduation

I wanted to have a special post for Father's Day.  I wanted to tell you all about my father.  I have been sitting here, trying to figure out what to say and how to say it.  I start a thought and then nothing seems adequate.


You see, my dad (Daddy is what I call him), is who I measure all men against.  Are they like my Daddy?  Are they as good as him?  Are they as kind as him?  Do they love the Lord as much as him? Are they as smart as him, as handsome, do they have kind eyes, gentle tones...the list continues.  Yes, it's a mighty tough measuring stick.  But this measuring stick did not let me down.






It is how my father treated others, that taught me how men were to treat people.  It was from my father that I learned how men were to treat women.  It was from him that I realized I am worth all the trouble and if someone could not recognize that, then he wasn't worth my time.  He taught me how to discipline my children...only to the point of regret, not out of frustration or anger...if I can't do it with the right spirit, don't do it.

You see, I could go on and on about what my father has taught me and continues to teach me today. It all seems a little wordy and not enough feeling.

Daddy and I on the beach two years ago
During a tropical storm
not wearing jeans was a baaaaddddd idea
it was like being sand blasted.

 Daddy's start out as his little girls everything...
he's her hero, 
her security, 
her teacher, 
her protector, 
her strong shoulder, 
her provider, 
her safe place-
and just when he thinks she has outgrown him, 
she wraps her arms around him and tells him he still is!!!  

This is somewhat how I feel about my Daddy but it goes so much deeper.  The great thing about it is, I married someone who is this and more to our daughters.  So, yes, it's Father's Day and I am honored to be the daughter of and married to the best ones!!!    


Happy Father's Day!



Ronald Dean Estep 

and



Bo VanDyke

I love you both so very much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment