hope sign

hope sign

Friday, May 9, 2014

Love Anyway


This morning I am reminded about a Mother Teresa quote that is hanging on my powder room wall.

“People are unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered. 
Love them anyway. 
If you do good, people may accuse you of selfish motives. 
Do good anyway. 
If you are successful, you may win false friends and true enemies. 
Succeed anyway. 
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. 
Do good anyway. 
Honesty and transparency make you vulnerable. 
Be honest and transparent anyway. 
What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. 
Build anyway. 
People who really want help may attack you if you help them. 
Help them anyway. 
Give the world the best you have and you may get hurt. 
Give the world your best anyway.” 


As Christians in America, we are under constant attack.  Where religious freedom is suppose to be a given, we are having to fight for this freedom again.  Maybe not with guns and militia's but in the courts and even in the school house.  Christians are being singled out and ridiculed for their beliefs and standards.  

It's not easy and it makes my heart sick.  Fear tries to rise inside my soul and I want to lash out, be mean and sow hate...that's what fear does, it sows hate.  The Bible says that perfect love casts out all fear.  So when I am afraid and persecuted, I still must love.  If I don't love then I become a fear monger and infect others with this disease.  

My Dad has taught me that if we are not careful, we become what we hate.  As I look at the liberal agenda in this country, I see this happening.  They are becoming what they profess to hate.  With every freedom that they have fought for...abortion & gay rights (the two biggies right now), they are trying to destroy our ability to be different by dictating to us what to believe.  They have become mean spirited and hateful.  They have purposefully turned what is at the very core of someones being and exploited their beliefs as Hate Propaganda for the world to judge.  All the time saying, "DON'T JUDGE ME!"  

But, still, WE MUST LOVE!!!  Even if I have to remind myself everyday to love, as Christ loves...I must love.  Without love, then I become what I hate.  

Just because I don't agree with someone, doesn't mean I hate them. I don't even agree with myself 100% of the time...I battle within myself all the time.  I must stand for my beliefs without destroying others in the process.   I can do that to the best of my ability with God and since God is love, I will love.  

I hope this makes sense to someone reading my blog today.  I support the Benham Brothers.  I am so impressed that even though HGTV is trying to shut them up, they are going to do good anyway.  Keeping their commitments to the families already selected for the show.  I pray that God blesses them.  And, I also pray for the powers that be at HGTV.  I pray that they see that the beliefs of these two brothers are what make them the men they are today.  That they have a heart for others because of their love for GOD.  Who is showing hate here, HGTV or the Benham Brothers?

So let's live like Mother Teresa taught us, LOVE ANYWAY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment