hope sign

hope sign

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

His Grace Empowers

When I think about this life that I have, I can't help but thank God for the grace He has given me.  So many times I have felt that I can't make it or continue on but then there is God's amazing grace that takes me to places I never knew possible.  Things I thought I couldn't survive, because of God's grace, I was victorious.  



So many times, we think of His grace as our "free ride" card, our insurance policy against the bad things in life.  Our mindset is that God's grace will free us from the struggles and pain. We are so mistaken.  It's a hard pill to swallow.  God's grace gives us the ability to go through the struggle and pain.  It's His amazing grace that the struggle doesn't steal from us our joy and strength.  


Paul said that he was given a thorn in the flesh.  This was something that the LORD could have taken from him but didn't, even after Paul asked three times.  

But he said to me, 
“My grace is sufficient for you, 
for my power is made perfect in weakness. 
Therefore I will boast 
all the more gladly about my weaknesses, 
so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 
 That is why, 
for Christ’s sake, 
I delight in weaknesses, 
in insults, in hardships, 
in persecutions, in difficulties. 
For when I am weak, 
then I am strong.
-2 Corinthians 12:9-10 MSG

There are times when God does deliver us out of the hardship and I love those times but most of the time, He holds our hand and sends people our way to encourage us and strengthen us.  So that when we get to the other side of the difficulty, we are stronger, wiser, giving Him all the praise...knowing that if it wasn't for Him, we wouldn't be here today.  


His grace empowers us to do the right thing.

His grace strengthens us 
when our flesh is crying out for relief.

His grace is sufficient for us!

So today, if you are in the midst of the struggle...know His grace is sufficient for you and He is holding you.  If you are not, then let God use you to be an encourager, up-lifter of spirits, His hand extended...you can be the point of contact for someone in need.  

Be blessed today...be a blessing today.

No comments:

Post a Comment