hope sign

hope sign

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Just Thinking


Only 2 more sleeps until my husband is HOME!!!


My husband praying for the people in Palawan

This morning I have been thinking about my first trip to the Philippines in 2006.  How very challenged I was by the desire of the Filipino people for God.  From the very young to the very old.  The altars were filled with little ones praying and seeking the Lord, tears streaming down their beautiful faces, hands raised toward heaven.  Oh, it was an amazing sight.  The concrete floor around the altar steps had little spots all over it.  It looked like someone had spilled water but it was from the tears of those seeking God.  

This was from a couple of years ago.  
Every time I think of that moment, I am moved.  It makes me cry out, "Give me a heart like yours."  I can hear them singing and see them dancing.  Let me tell you, it is beyond beautiful.  

These children didn't just go up to the altar for an activity.  They had a purpose in mind...they were there to meet Jesus.  It didn't matter who was sitting beside them...they were in the presence of God.  


Bo sent me that pic of the altar, my mind is flooded with memories of children with their parents, teenagers with their friends, Pastors with their families, the lonely, the poor, the wealthy...all around the altar, praying to the same God, being filled with the Holy Spirit...AMAZING!!!

He sent me this one...titled it,
Our Kids

I love our Filipino family.  I am thankful that the LORD saw fit to knit our hearts and make us family.  I love that our little church in Havre de Grace Maryland, answers the call every spring to send our Bishop and Elder to our Filipino churches.  I am thankful for the churches that join with us in supporting the Bible School and Pastors on Palawan.  These aren't just nameless faces on a picture to us.  They are part of us.  I can name them and their children.  I have sat in their homes and ate dinner with them. They are family.  Isn't God good!!!  

I hope you are blessed today.




No comments:

Post a Comment