hope sign

hope sign

Monday, March 24, 2014

Oh Come, Let Us Sing...

Sometimes, I just love the Internet.  I love that if I have a question, I can just look up the answer.  This morning as I sat down to read a little, a song from my childhood reared its head in my thoughts.  I couldn't remember the whole chorus and so I looked it up.  BOOM!!  There it was, just as pretty as you please.  That is just cool...to me, that its.

The song that came to my mind this morning was...

"I want to live, the way He wants me to live.  
I want to give, until there's just no more to give.  
I want to love, 'til there's just no more love.  
I could never, never out-love the LORD."

I don't know who wrote the song and couldn't find that on the Internet, so I cannot give credit.  I remember singing this as a kid in church.  My life growing up was full of songs.  So now, my memory is full of songs.  I get up in the morning with a song on my mind.  Sometimes it's a good one, like this morning, and sometimes it's not.  

I sang to my husband at our wedding, to our children at their baby dedications, I made up songs for lullaby's, I sang clean up songs with my preschoolers when I was teaching.  I like musicals on TV, in the theater and on Broadway.  I can turn my home into a musical, but I eventually get on my children's nerves...(evil smile here).  Henry will tell me, "STOP, with all the singing!"  Truthfully, that just fuels my fire.  

For Valentine's Day 2014, I wanted to really do something special for my husband.  This was our 25th Valentine's Day together and that just made it more special to me. So, I got Etsy.com.  I have found this sign shop that I love.  This is my third sign from here and if I had more space in my home, I would have more signs.  The sign shop is, Between You and Me Signs (link).  (Now, they don't know I am promoting them so if you go to the link, I can provide NO discount)...but you will love their signs and love of Jesus.  I ordered a custom sign with the song I sang to my husband at our wedding...My Only Love by the Statler Brothers.  



Now the sign is hanging in our front room.  I love how it looks and even more, what it signifies...LOVE.  

Music/songs have been our way of showing how we feel since time began.  Music is a gift from the LORD.  David wrote and sang love songs to the LORD, continually.  We are encouraged to sing in Scripture.  

Oh come, let us sing to the Lord!
Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation.
 Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving;
Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms.
For the Lord is the great God,
And the great King above all gods.
 In His hand are the deep places of the earth;
The heights of the hills are His also.
 The sea is His, for He made it;
And His hands formed the dry land.
Psalm 95:1-5 NKJV

I hope you have a song in your heart today.  Music can lift us out of despair, can urge us on in the battle, can soothe a broken soul.  If you need encouraged today, turn on some good, happy, uplifting music.  It really works, I promise.  

Be Blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment