hope sign

hope sign

Friday, February 28, 2014

For Now, We Cover Her

This has been the season for sickness in the VanDyke household.  It seems that one person gets well and the next comes down with it.  I was the one caught in the trap this week.  My body hurt so bad I just wanted to cry.  Thankfully, I am on the mend...I think.  

I haven't been in my office since Monday.  Yes, I've been sick but to be truthful, my office is only down the hall from my bedroom, so I could have ventured in, if I had so desired.  As I look around my beautiful workplace, I see that I really need to clean up in here.  Papers everywhere!!  I work best in a clean environment.  It just makes me feel better.  

Tomorrow is the Christening for my great niece/god daughter, Sadie.  This is a time we welcome her into the family and vow to bring her up in the fear of God.  Teaching her to know and love Him.  At this time, we, as a church, are saying welcome.  Now does that mean she will never have to make a decision for herself to serve God and to be a part of the church...no.  One day, our Sadie will have to make this decision for herself.  But for now, we cover her.  

It is my desire that Sadie Elizabeth never knows a day when she is not assured of how much God loves her.  May she always be aware of His presence in her life.  Never doubting that He created her in His image...perfect.  I pray that she will always be in communication with the LORD.  Talking to Him as she does her earthly father.  Letting His light shine through her and in her. 

You Are A Masterpiece
By Sandi Patty

Before you had a name or opened up your eyes,
Or anyone could recognize your face.
You were being formed so delicate in size
Secluded in God's safe and hidden place.
With your tiny hands and
Little tiny feet
And little eyes that shimmer like a pearl.
He breathed in you a song and to make it all complete
He brought the masterpiece into the world.

Chorus:
You are a masterpiece.
A new creation he has formed
and your as soft and fresh as a snowy winter morn.
And I'm so glad that God has given
you to me,
Little lamb of God,
You are a Masterpiece.

Verse 2:
And now you're growing up
Your life's a miracle.
Every time I look at you,
I stand in awe.
Because I see in you
a reflection of me
and you'll always be my little lamb from God.
And as your life goes on each day
how I pray that you will see
just how much your life has meant to me.
And I'm so proud of you
what else is there to say
just be the masterpiece He created you to be.

This is one loved little girl.  I cannot wait to see her grow and come to know our little Lady Sadie.  

Our Masterpiece
Sadie


No comments:

Post a Comment