hope sign

hope sign

Monday, January 20, 2014

New Life...A Call To Relationship

Our family grew this weekend.  Friday we welcomed my great niece, Sadie Elizabeth into this wonderful, wacky, Estep family.  I have not got to hold her yet because the day after she was born, I got this bad cold and I don't want to expose her or her mommy to my sickness.

Our Lady Sadie Elizabeth

New Life...we are surrounded by it.  Our family has 3 more pregnant women in it, all due before the middle of May.  My daughter, Juliana is the last due, May 5th.  We anxiously await the arrival of these three babies.  Sadie was first on the list and she came one day before her due date.  The family is excited and renewed with each new life.

She is already smiling, just 2 days old

Bo preached about New Beginnings...A Call to Relationship.  How that is the first call from Jesus, the disciples received.  It was not a call to action, a call to service or a call to do anything...just to see where Jesus lived.  Getting to know Him, becoming part of the family.

 The two disciples heard him and went after Jesus. Jesus looked over his shoulder and said to them, “What are you after?”
They said, “Rabbi” (which means “Teacher”), “where are you staying?”
He replied, “Come along and see for yourself.”
They came, saw where he was living, and ended up staying with him for the day. It was late afternoon when this happened.-John 1:37-39 MSG

Little Lady Sadie and all her new cousins will enter into family.  They will learn about the family.  The family requires nothing from these new little bundles.  They will be loved, fed, changed, played with, rocked to sleep, kissed (that happens a lot in this family)...they will learn how to live in the family they were born into.  Only after they have grown a little, learned a little, changed a little, will there be any demands put on these babies.  It will start small, like, how to put a cheerio in your mouth or holding a cup...etc.

My beautiful niece Lauren Noel and her baby girl
Sadie Elizabeth

It's like that in family of God.  We are brought into the family of God, ready to do anything.  We need to learn of Him, get to know Him, form a relationship with Him.  We will sit and just let Him and His Church love us, feed us, meet our spiritual needs.  We are first called to a relationship with Him.  

I am still feeding off this word that Bo preached yesterday.  You have just read my special, "Grammy" take on it.  

New Life...A Call to Relationship With Him.  

My theme song for this time of my life seems to be, "The More I Seek You".  The chorus just runs through my mind all the time.

I want to sit at your feet
Drink from the cup in your hand
Lay back against you and breathe
Feel your heartbeat
This love is so deep
It's more than I can stand
I melt in your peace
It's overwhelming...

Can't you just see Sadie Beth laying on her daddy's chest, listening to his heartbeat...a love between a parent and a child.  Such peace in that moment.  

Sadie and her wonderful Daddy, Pete...
such peace here
We are the children of the Most High God.  Just be with Him.  Sit at His feet.


No comments:

Post a Comment