hope sign

hope sign

Thursday, January 30, 2014

He Knows Who He Is...Do We?


So many people that I love are going through extremely hard times right now.  It seems that life has the upper hand and to the world, it seems hopeless and fear has started to set in.  It happens so slowly.  We don't even realize it at first.  Our guards are down and we say little things like, "I don't see a way out" or "I've lost all hope of this working out."  We have faith for someone else's situation but doubt God's ability or desire to see us some through victorious.  I've heard and probably even thought it myself, "I know He can but what if He wants to teach me lesson and leaves me in my mess."  Doubting God's love for me/us.  


We need to build up our faith instead of tearing it down.  He gives us tools to do this in the scripture. Teaching us how to guard our mind...Philippians 4:8-9 MSG

8-9 Summing it all up, friends, I’d say you’ll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies.

What we meditate on affects the outcome.  The whole book of Psalms is full of praise.  In every circumstance, no matter the outcome...Praise.  David had his share of horrid things happen in his lifetime.  But he knew where his strength came from.  He knew his true source.  Yes, David was king and he had amazing things at his disposal but what he could never do without is Praise.  He praised God before the battles, during the battles and after the battles.  


I find it is easy to have great faith before the battle begins.  I can see praising after the battle has been won.  The hardest part is still praising during the battle.  When the enemy seems to have the upper hand.  When we look out and cannot see beyond the walls of doubt, defeat, fear, sickness, destruction, sin...praise.  I know you are thinking, are you crazy...I cannot even lift my head above this mess I call life...

Praise will build your strength and keep you going. Praise is your weapon.  Praise is your protection. Praise is your life line.  It might not be anything more than turning on some praise music and just singing along.  Eventually, you wont need the music, you will begin to praise on your own.  

photo by Jodie Jewell

Marvin Sapp wrote a song, "Teach My Hands To War".  The song says "praise is a weapon", and it is so true.  As you begin to praise Him, knowing who He is, lifting Him up, magnifying His name, speaking His Word...even if your situation doesn't change for a long time, you will change.  You will become stronger, able to continue on in the battle.  Praise is for your benefit, not His.  God is cool like that.  He tells us to praise and it's for our benefit.  
He knows who He is.  
Do we???

                                                          "Teach My Hands To War"

People of God, the kingdom is nigh
And there is a cause to stand up and fight
He’s given the charge, there’s no way we lose
If you didn’t know it, we’ve got some good news

[Chorus:]
Is He gonna do it - Yes
Who’s He gonna use -me
Am I gonna win - Yes
And how’s he gonna do it
He’ll use my hands ohhhh
[Repeat]
Teach my hands to war 'cause praise is a weapon, praise is a weapon
I’ll clap I’ll wave in everything I’ll praise
Teach my hands to war 'cause praise is my weapon, praise is my weapon
He promised victory when we praise
So clap your hands… clap you hands… clap ‘em
Clap your hands… clap your hands… clap ‘em

It’s been determined we overcome by the blood of the one
He’s the Lamb that was slain…
And He never fought back 'cause He knew that in three days
It was gonna turn around in our favor
So we’re giving praise to our Saviour
He gave His life for me the victory is in our praise

[Chorus]

The weapons of our warfare are mighty, mighty through God
We don’t fight against flesh and blood
But principalities and powers, mighty through God
We’re not ignorant of his devices
Spiritual wickedness in high places
Come down, come down, come down
With our praise
[Repeat]

Teach my hands to war 'cause praise is a weapon, praise is a weapon
Teach my hands to war 'cause praise is my weapon, praise is my weapon
Teach my hands to war 'cause praise is a weapon, praise is a weapon
I'll clap... I'll wave... in everything I praise
Teach my hands to war 'cause praise is my weapon, praise is my weapon
He promised victory when we praise

So clap yo' hands, clap yo' hands, clap 'em
So clap yo' hands, clap yo' hands, clap 'em
Clap yo' hands, clap yo' hands, clap 'em
So clap yo' hands, clap yo' hands, clap 'em

TEACH MY HANDS TO WAR

Know today that the battle is the LORDS.  He loves you and cares about what you are going through. What we see as impossible is possible with God.  We do have to go through things that seem too difficult.  We don't understand why these things are happening.  Our hearts are breaking, our lives are turned upside down, it's just too much.  Yes, it is just too much for us to handle.  But nothing is too much for God.  That's where He steps in.  And we get through today, then we make it through tomorrow and the next day.  As they say, "this too shall pass" but how we will emerge from the battle? Our praise determines that.  

I encourage you today, Praise Him even when you can't see beyond your need.  










No comments:

Post a Comment