hope sign

hope sign

Monday, January 27, 2014

Exciting Days


Me, Bo and Jake
The Beginning of our Family
Pregnant with Juliana

I look at my calendar and something stood out to me today...5 of the 12 months of 2014 are marked for New Life.  What an exciting thing to see happening in our family.

January, February, April, May and now September...all set aside in our lives for New Life to enter in. AMAZING!!!

All of my married children and nieces/nephews are expecting (except for Lauren...she just had Sadie 1 week ago).  The four babies yet to make their grand exit out of the womb are very much a part of our lives already.  Preparations are being made, we are dreaming about them, wondering what they will look like, who they will look like, what kind of personality they will have...so many questions and so many dreams.  Sadie is here and we are seeing that she is already such a sweet heart.  She is all girl, so dainty and pink.  To me, she looks so much like her mommy when she was born.  Her looks will change and she will take on her own personality and preferences.  We look forward to the adventure that is Sadie.

As each New Life enters our lives, we are forever changed.  When Henry was born, I was no longer just a Mommy, I became a Grammy.  My life will never be the same and I wouldn't have it any other way.  Yesterday after Church, he came home with me and we spent the whole day together.  We snuggled on the couch and watched TV, we played and laughed and sang songs.  When his little arm wraps around my neck...I am in heaven.  He acts like he doesn't want to be kissed but what he really likes is the game of me trying to kiss him.  I realized this yesterday when he told me to try and kiss him with his little giggle that makes me laugh.

As these little families grow and get to know each other...changing and adjusting to the New Life...I want to say Thank You.  I am thankful for the each New Life and for the change it is bringing in me.  As they grow, I grow.  I grow in love.  I grow in grace.  I grow in thankfulness.  I grow wisdom (or at least I hope I do).  As I welcome my new great nieces and nephews and grand babies, I say Yes to New Life.  Remembering that every good and perfect gift comes from above-James 1:17.

Your daughter-in-law loves you, and has done more for you than seven sons. And now she has given you a grandson, who will bring new life to you and give you security in your old age.”-Ruth 4:15 GNT


But when you give them breath, they are created; you give new life to the earth.-Psalms 104:30 GNT

God made everything, and you can no more understand what he does than you understand how new life begins in the womb of a pregnant woman.
-Ecclesiastes 11:15 GNT

I cannot wait to see how God weaves my word of the year into my life.  The New Life of my grand babies and great nieces and nephews are amazing but I have a feeling that it is going much deeper than this.  He has begun a new work in me.  Transforming me from a caterpillar to a butterfly.

Yes, I will be a beach butterfly...lol






Our Family Now
Adding 2 new members in 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment