hope sign

hope sign

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Dancing My Salvation

This morning I was doing my devotions when I came across a verse that I thought was just beautiful.  I then looked it up in the Message and it is like pure music.  (I use the Bible Gateway online (link) when I am wanting to use different translations.  I pretty much use it everyday for study time, if I am at my desk.)

Hannah prayed:
I'm bursting with God-news!
I'm walking on air.
I'm laughing at my rivals.
I'm dancing my salvation!
1 Samuel 2:1 MSG

Hannah had prayed and longed for a child for so long and now she was presenting him to Eli, the priest.  She promised that if the LORD would just let her have a son, she would give him back to God. God blessed her and she kept her word to Him.  This was a strong woman.  I love how the chapter goes on...

Nothing and no one is holy like God,
    no rock mountain like our God.
1 Samuel 2:2 MSG

I love Hannah's praise.  Oh there isn't anything like praise.  When your heart is truly thankful, you can't help but praise.  I think to Hannah, it was like fire shut up in her bones.  She just had to do it.  She just had to worship and give honor to her loving God.  I can feel it too.  I can just see her, with her baby boy in her arms, dancing around, singing songs of praise.  Can't you just picture it.

She was bursting with God-news!!  In Luke 1:46,47 & 50, Mary arrives at her cousins house, Elizabeth's child (John the Baptist)  leaps within her and  Elizabeth knows that Mary is carrying the Savior...Jesus.  Mary's response is like Hannah's prayer...



 And Mary said,
I’m bursting with God-news
I’m dancing the song of my Savior God...
the God whose very name is holy, 
set apart from all others.
His mercy flows in wave after wave 
upon those who are in awe before him.
Luke 1:46,47 & 50 MSG

Let me ask you today, what are you so thankful for that you are bursting with God-news.
As you look around your life, can you see His mercy flowing in wave after wave?  
If not, maybe it's time to reassess your heart and make sure you haven't become an un-thankful servant.
Un-thankfulness opens up the door, even just a crack, and gives opportunity for bitterness, jealousy, strife, discontentment, anger, un-forgiveness...so many things that will destroy us.  
Today, give God the glory for His unending mercy in your life.  Remembering as Hannah said, "Nothing and no one is holy like God, no rock mountain like our God."
Dancing my salvation!!!
 Sounds amazing...as my favorite song says, 
"I HOPE YOU DANCE"

Thank you Kelcie...XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment