hope sign

hope sign

Monday, December 30, 2013

2013 Change...2014 Word of The Year




2013 was a wonderful year.  Lots of changes, challenges, love, laughter, amazing moments, days on the beach, days in the city, lots of travel, fun and time with my family.  We had two weddings, 4 pregnancies (3 nieces and daughter), holidays, hugs and humor.  





My word for 2013 was change.  I knew before 2013 started that our family would be experiencing some changes but I really didn't foresee the changes inside of me.  


For 2014, I have been giving my "word" a lot of thought.  I made a little list with possible words. Why would I do this?  Is the "word" of the year so important that I need to devote that much time to it?  Well, in a word...YES!!  I am a firm believer in the power of words.  What we talk, we start to walk.  I want to speak positive words.  Words that will build and not destroy.  Words that encourage not discourage.  Words that bring life and not death.  This isn't only for others but for myself.  

The "word" of the year is a word to focus on.  I will write it down where I can see it.  It will remind me to pray about something, think positive, learn, study, write.  What you focus on, becomes a part of you. 

2014 will usher in a new grandchild (or more), my 25th wedding anniversary, a trip to Italy, healthier living.  It will have new challenges, changes, triumphs and moments.  

My "word" for 2014 is "New Life".  I know, it's 2 words...lol.

New Life...birth...it's a wonderful, amazing gift.  As 2014 progresses, I will be sharing about new life in the VanDyke family, Christ the King Church and those around me.  I will write it down, pray for it, fast for it, work for it.  Even what we perceive as dead, we can speak to these dry bones and life will rise again.  

By the way...No, I'm not pregnant.  Just wanted to put that out there.  I am not wanting to get pregnant, I don't ever see that happening again.  New Life is about what is happening inside of me, in my mind, heart, relationships, my children, my marriage, my family, my church, those I love.  

Share with me, your 2014 word of the year.  I would love to hear from you and share in your story.  

Tomorrow, my baby girl will turn 21!  Our NYE baby.  It's going to be a good day.


The Birthday Girl

Some favorite pictures from 2013






















































No comments:

Post a Comment