hope sign

hope sign

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy 21st Birthday KELCIE!!



21 years ago, I was in the hospital with an IV in my arm, trying to get my labor started.  My baby was due on December 6th and now it is December 31st and she is super comfy just where she is.  I felt as if I would be pregnant the rest of my life.  I was 21 years old, the mother of two (Jake was 2 and Juliana was 1), I had been pregnant 3 times in the last 3 years.  I thought I was so mature but looking back, I had a lot to learn.  My husbands dentist told him that he needed a new hobby like remote control cars...lol.


Kelcie's first trip to the beach...
August 1993

At 6:19 pm Kelcie Lorraine VanDyke was born.  She was perfection.  Fat little cheeks, peach fuzzy hair, and just squeezable.  I remember the nurses taking me to my room after all the birthing stuff took place.  I fell asleep and when I woke up and turned on the TV, I couldn't understand what was going on.  I had forgotten it was New Years Eve.


Me and Kelcie...She just shines...still does.

Now my fat little baby is a tall beautiful woman.  She is in her 4th year of college to become an English teacher to middle schoolers.  She has such a good heart and I am so proud to be her Ma (that's what she calls me).  I love to hear her sing and watch her worship.

Happy Birthday Kelcie Lorraine and Happy New Year to everyone.





No comments:

Post a Comment