hope sign

hope sign

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Thankful Heart...Life Fulfilled

Our front door swag

What are some of your favorite Thanksgiving memories?

What were your traditions growing up?


Did you go to your Grandmothers house or did everyone come to yours?

Was it only your family or was there 30 people there?



We went to my Aunt Hopie's house each year.  I remember riding bikes around the beautiful city of Havre de Grace with my sister Cheryl and cousin Jeanie.  We would spend most of the day playing and then have to do the dishes after dinner.  It was always a good day.


Probably my most memorable Thanksgiving was around 2001(I think that was the year. Could be later though).  My brother had been real sick, to the point of death.  We didn't know if he was going to make it or not.  He had come down with pneumonia and it was seriously bad.  By the time Thanksgiving rolled around, he was better but I remember sitting around the table and I decided to read something I wrote about how thankful I was.  When I got to the part of being thankful because Ronald was still with us, the tears began to flow and you could feel the love in the room.  Gosh, as I write this, my throat tightens to hold back the tears.  Truthfully, when you come to the realization that each day someone is with you is a gift, your perspective changes, your love deepens and you see how important a thankful heart is.  


I know I am a huge Christmas lover.  Some may think that I just want to skip Thanksgiving and go right into Christmas but that is not true.  I love Thanksgiving.  I love that America has a day set aside to give thanks.  We are a blessed nation.  With all the craziness in the our nation right now, we tend to forget how blessed we are.  I love when my family gathers and we focus on being thankful.


A thankful heart is the key to a life fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment