hope sign

hope sign

Monday, November 18, 2013

Decorating with a Splash of Beauty



We are getting ready to have our front room painted.  We have lived in this house for over 9 years and we haven't had that room painted, ever.  For those who know me, this is a miracle.  I like things to be changed every so often, but this room just slipped through the cracks.

This week, the furniture is leaving and new paint is going up.

The week of December 2nd, a new hardwood floor will be installed.

The week of December 9th, the new furniture will be delivered.

Hopefully, everything will stay in that order.  I truly don't expect it to but, I am wishing real hard.

I am bummed that it wont be completed before Thanksgiving, especially since my whole family eats here.  But I am super excited.

I debate over paint.  Look at paint chips.  Change my mind and then come back to my original thought. So the paint color for the front room...Pewter.  I hope it is as pretty in that room as it is in my mind.

When we moved into this house, the only room on the first floor that had carpet (except for the bedroom) was this room.  Not just any carpet, white carpet.  My kids never used this room much and still the carpet has black spots on it.

Personally, I love this room.  I love the windows and the cozy feel of the room.  I like to drink coffee, talk on the phone to my mom, sisters, Sarah and Vikie, look at magazines or read a book in there. When it's snowing, the front room is the perfect place to watch it fall.

The only thing this room is missing is a fireplace.  I love fireplaces.  I would have one in every room if I could.  If I ever move from this house, my next house will have a big beautiful fireplace with a huge thick mantel.

I will keep you posted on the progress of the room.  I do want to leave you with a little inspiration for the day.  I am a true believer in uplifting words.

"Blessed are those 
who see beautiful things
in humble places
where other people 
see nothing."
-Author Unknown

"Those who thank God 
even in trials,
turn the burden into blessings.
So keep your faith
close to your heart and
God will provide."
-Nishar Panwar

Let me encourage you today to look around and see the beautiful world you live in.  The beauty that God has made...look in the mirror.  Remember, you are worth dying for, at least Jesus thought so.

Cheryl (baby sister), Mom Mom Alice and Me
My grandmother is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment