hope sign

hope sign

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Let's Start This Celebration With Lights and Beauty

Well, Halloween is over, November is here, leaves are still falling in my yard and I have one Christmas tree up!!  Yes, I know we still have Thanksgiving to celebrate.  I will celebrate it with about 30 people in my home...with a Christmas tree in my foyer.  Yup, Bo, Scovia, Jake and I couldn't wait, so we just did it.  

Love this tree at the end of my driveway.  Like it's on fire.

So many think that putting up a tree or decorating too early, steals away the special time of Thanksgiving.  I tend to disagree.  I love Thanksgiving.  I love that it means togetherness, giving thanks to the LORD for all our blessings, family meal with those you love, lots of food, laughter and craziness. What's not to love?  To me, Thanksgiving should always go before the LORD.  It's amazing that we are focused on being Thankful right before we celebrate the birth of our Savior.  Isn't that the way it should be?  "Enter into His gates with Thanksgiving and His courts with Praise."  

My tree, minus the angel.  
So please don't be offended by my foyer tree.  We get so much enjoyment out of it.  It's not a skip Thanksgiving ploy, it's a "Let's start this celebration with lights and beauty" declaration!!!  

I will spend the month of November focusing on being Thankful for the many blessings I have been given.  Each day is a new opportunity to be Thankful.  

Welcome November 2013!  



No comments:

Post a Comment