hope sign

hope sign

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Changes Thus Far..2013





Here we are in November, the 11th month of the year, the year of change.  I chose the word change as my word of the year and I really didn't know how prophetic that was.

I did know that my Juliana was getting married and she would be moving out of our home and of course taking Henry with her.

                                                   I did know of some changes that were going to take place in 2013.

God knew of all the changes He was going to do, changes no one could see but me.

I can see the change God has brought into my life.  I have been in the Christian life ever since I have a memory.  I was born into, raised in it, embraced it, love it, respect it, rely on it...it is who I am.  I cannot separate my Christian life from the rest of me.  But, I am still growing, learning.  I still make mistakes and get distracted.  I am by no means, perfected, yet.


Things I have had to relearn and embrace this year.

Forgiveness

                                    Reconciliation
                                                     
                                                       Surrender

                                                                             Renewal

If I looked hard enough, the list would be much longer.  But these four things stick out to me.

When I forgive, reconciliation can begin, I can then surrender my hang ups and fears over to God and then I am renewed.  It's all a process.  Whether it is my relationships with others, with God or even myself.  This process is ongoing.

I wont go into the details but in all the areas this has happened this year, I am so very thankful.

This change will only last as long as I embrace it and work it.  I have to remember the grace that I have been given and pay it forward.

My mind goes to the story of Joseph (coat of many colors, Old Testament).  He had so many reasons to give up, hate, hold on to past hurts.  We would understand if he became bitter and crass.  He was such a man of integrity and grace.  He forgave his brothers.  Because of his forgiveness, a family was healed, made whole and a nation was saved.

I wonder what this next month and half will hold for me.  I am sure the LORD has some changes left to make in this girl.  I know He will continue to change me even into 2014 and beyond.

I am giving some thoughts as to what my word for 2014 will be.

Where is God leading me for this upcoming year?

I will still be walking in forgiveness, reconciliation, surrender and renewal.  These are things I need daily.


I want to see more changes in Kimberly Hope.  I want to be more giving, loving, focused.  I need to pray more, read more, love more.  I guess it all comes back to love.  What we love, we give our time to. What we love, we make a priority of.  I guess, I want less of Kimi and more of Jesus and others.  It's a good place to start.


I Wont Go Back
by William McDowell

I've been changed
healed
freed 
delivered.

I've found joy
peace
grace
and favor.

And right now
is the moment,
today is the day
I've been changed
I've been changed

I have waited for this moment to come
and I wont let it pass me by

I wont go back 
Cant go back
to the way it used to be
before your presence came and changed me.

All my shame
guilt
sin
forgiven

No more chains
fear
my past
is over

And right now is the moment
today is the day
I've been changed
I've been changed

I have waited for this moment to come
And I wont let it pass me by.


No comments:

Post a Comment