hope sign

hope sign

Monday, October 14, 2013

Where Are The Answers???

"Do not think that love
in order to be genuine
has to be extraordinary.
What we need is to love
without getting tired.
Be faithful in small things 
because it is in them that your
strength lies."
Mother Theresa

What is genuine love?  How can we know if someone loves us for real or if our love is real?  

1 Corinthians 13: 3-7 MSG
If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, Ive gotten nowhere.  So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love.

Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always "me first,"
Doesn't fly off the handle
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn't revel with others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.

We wonder around at times like we don't have a clue how to find the answers about life and our purpose.  We ask questions when we already have the answers.  So many times we are like children who just want Mom and Dad to tell them the answer instead of looking it up ourselves.  We run from person to person, seeking what God has already given us.  We are complete in Him.  What is love?

  Love is God...God is Love!!

Genuine love is all wrapped up in God.  I cannot truly love others until I realize that I am truly loved by God.  When I come to this realization, I will no longer be looking at what I can get out of a relationship, I will be looking for what I can give to one.  

God didn't love us without giving to us.  A few things off the top of my head are, life, breath, His Son, the Holy Spirit...these are just a couple.  To list everything God has given to me out of love, I just don't think there is enough time or paper or computer memory available.  

You may think that acts of grandeur shows that someone loves you.  But it's in the dailiness of life that love is proved.  It's when you look like you've been hit by a mack truck and your spouse still kisses you, bad breath and all; when he just reaches over and holds your hand...you feel safe and content.  It's when he gets up every morning and goes to work to provide for you and your family.  It's when he comes home and eats your burnt sacrifice or the meatloaf that looks like a huge hamburger because you thought it would somehow rise.  The snuggles at night, the coffee in the morning, the prayer with the children, sitting in church together with the kids lined up like little soldiers, laughing around the dinner table, sharing life, heart and soul...That's love.  

Quit looking for answers in someone else's life.  GOD LOVES YOU!!  

We have the source for our answers, The Bible.  

Whenever I think about love, I always think of my dad saying this:

horrible pic of me but love the sign.

I ordered this sign from Between You and Me on Etsy (link).  I wanted a little inspiration in my office...Thanks Dad!!!

Never forget that you are loved by God.  

Be blessed today.





No comments:

Post a Comment