hope sign

hope sign

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Even Grown Ups Are Allowed to Dream


I have always loved photos of paths, people on paths, archways, tree lined walkways...photos that lead your imagination somewhere.  Like the photo above.  

Are they in a park???

Where are they going?
What's at the end of this journey?
Who are they?
                      Are they father and son?
                                                                        Teacher and student?
Uncle and nephew?

Oh a path can lead the imagination on so many journeys.  Makes me think of Mary Poppins when they pop into the chalk picture with Bert.  Oh what did they find, a carousel, a fox hunt, dancing penguins...such fun...supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (yes, I looked up the spelling, lol).  



I don't know if I am the only one who likes to exercise my imagination.  It might stem from being a Preschool teacher or just being a mommy but it's part of who I am.  

"I like nonsense,
it wakes up the brain cells.
Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.
It's a way of looking at life through the 
wrong end of the telescope.
Which is what I do,
and that enables you to 
laugh at life's realities."
Dr. Seuss

Look at a picture or a painting, read a book or just sit and imagine, create, write, draw, paint.  From a thought comes and action.  Imaginations have birthed many dreams.  Dreams have given birth to so many ideas and possibilities.  Today can be your day to change your possibility into your reality.  I love to see dreams come true.  

This my friend is a gift that God has given to each one of us.  Just look at His imagination.  It's in the animals, colors, the beautiful flowers, trees, the sky in it's pinks, yellows, blues.  It's in the sparkle of a child's eyes or the joy in his laughter.  We are from the very imagination of our Creator.  To tell the truth, Dr. Seuss has nothing on the one who made everything.  He made us in His image.  We were created to create.  

Use your imagination.  Dream a dream for your future.  It's okay.  Even grown ups are allowed to dream.

I hope you have a beautiful, dreamy, amazing weekend.  



No comments:

Post a Comment