hope sign

hope sign

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Emotions...Worship

Let all my worship,
Let all my praise,
flow to You,
flow to You.

Tonight at church we sang the song, Flow To You, by Bishop Paul S. Morton, SR.  The bridge in the song just keeps washing over me.  I can still feel the amazing surge of the sweet anointing that filled the sanctuary.  "Like streams in the valley, they swell with the rain.  Let the songs of my heart, rise to bless Your name.  Flow to You, flow to you.  Let my worship, flow to you."  

I love to sing songs to the LORD.  It is one of my greatest pleasures.  When the anointing begins to fall, I close my eyes and just give it all to Him.  Music/singing takes it all, everything I have.  It's a gift from the LORD that I yearn to give back to Him.  Holding nothing back.  After leading worship at Christ the King Church on Sunday mornings, I am spent.  I truly believe that if you are going to be a worship leader, you can't hold anything back.  Give it all to Him.  

I was talking to a young person in the church one day and she told me that it bothers her when she shows emotion in church.  It bothers her so much that she would rather sit in the back, disconnected from her peers.  

Question- Do you believe that God created all emotions?
Answer- Yes.
Question-Do you believe that God made our emotions as entertainment for Himself and the angels?
Answer- No
Question- Why did God make us able to laugh, cry, get excited, get angry?
Answer- I don't know

After we had the little question and answer session, I shared with her my heart.

I believe that God created us with all these emotions for communion with Him.  It's okay to cry (most people have a hard time with this emotion, especially in church), tears are cleansing, they usually reveal a tenderness to something or someone.  Laughing, laughter is good like medicine.  Getting excited, David danced before the LORD with all his heart.  Anger, sin should anger us.  If we hate the sin enough, we will leave it behind.  

Emotions aid in our praise.  I have cried, danced, shouted, laughed, been angry...all in church.  I love to worship.  It's such a huge part of who I am.  

Leading worship is more than just standing on the platform, singing a song.  To truly lead in worship, you must feel what you are singing and love the one you are singing it to.  Letting the words wash over you and through you.  Giving it all to Him...He deserves it.  I don't worship God because He needs it, I worship because I need it.  It strengthens me, lifts me up, reminds me of who HE is and who I am.  I worship because He is God and in His amazing wisdom, He tells us to.  He knows we need it.

To tell the truth, there are times, when I am at home, cleaning my bathroom that I enter into worship. Tears will well up, my focus changes from the task at hand and onto my King.  To me, it's a beautiful gift, straight from the heart of God.  It never fails that when something like that happens in my home, God will bring someone to my mind that needs prayer.  Worship leads me to communicate with the LORD.  

Let all my worship,
Let all my praise,
flow to You,
flow to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment