hope sign

hope sign

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

What Is Your Soundtrack??

"Sing it Jacob...here's two mics."
Jacob and Presley...the next worship leaders.

"Jesus, Jesus,
Lord, to me.
Master, 
Savior,
Prince of Peace.
Ruler of my heart today.
Jesus, Lord to me."
Greg Nelson & Gary McSpadden

Singing this song when I woke up this morning.  Making my coffee, singing this song.  Walking up the stairs to my office, singing this song.  Reading other bloggers posts, singing this song.  

Jacob is eating the mic...Presley is singing

I think I needed to be reminded that He is everything to me.  I love lyrics.  I love music but so many times we fail to really listen to the lyrics.  The music can distract us from what the words are trying to say.  

I can get lost in a song that has the best of both, music and lyrics.  I can see the slide show in my head, like I am living the moment the song is talking about.  I can feel the struggle, or the utter surrender to the LORD.  

Time for Presley's solo.
These guys were so little.
Here is one that you might relate to.  This is a hard song to sing because it is such a declaration to the LORD.  

"I give myself away, I give myself away,
so you can use me.
I give myself away, I give myself away,
so you can use me.

Here I am, here I stand,
Lord, my life is in your hands.
Lord, I'm longing to see,
your desires revealed in me.

I give myself away, I give myself away,
so you can use me.
I give myself away, I give myself away,
so you can use me.

Take my heart, take my life, 
as a living sacrifice.
All my dreams, all my plans,
Lord, I place them in your hands.

I give myself away, I give myself away,
so you can use me.
I give myself away, I give myself away,
so you can use me.

My life is not my own,
to you I belong,
I give myself, I give myself to you. (repeat 2)"
William McDowell


Sometimes I think in song, even though I am not a song writer.  But when I lead worship, these songs become a part of me.  When I pick out the songs for the service, it is not just songs that I want to sing, it is what I believe is the right songs for the the day or night.  Some songs speak to us and move us at different times in our lives.  A song for the moment.  A song for the trial.  A song for the victory. Whatever the moment, a song brings the encouragement we need or helps us show how we feel.  

Music can move an army into war and a baby to sleep.  Such great power.  

I hope you find your song today.  Something that will draw you into the presence of the LORD and speak peace into your life.  Whether you want to dance with your husband or wife, listening to some Josh Groban or Frank Sinatra or you want to clean the house, listening to some Donnie McClurkin or Israel Houghton. 

What is your life soundtrack???

No comments:

Post a Comment