hope sign

hope sign

Monday, September 30, 2013

Stand On The Good Seeds You Have Planted

We all go through difficult, dry times.  When it feels like we are just out of what it takes to press on.  It's not always something specific that causes it.  We can't always say, it's from being sick or because I haven't been in church or there has been a tragedy in the family.  Dry times can sneak up on you when everything is seemingly going good.

There are times I can read the Bible and it's like every verse jumps out at me like a revelation.  Oh how I love those times.  Other days, it's like nothing computes.  I have to search things out and still it seems like I am just reading for the sake of reading.

In the midst of the difficulties, press on.

Open up the Word of God...you never know when something you read will bring the clarity you need.

Fill your home with Praise and Worship...it will strengthen you and your family.

Stand on the good seeds that you have planted...You reap what you sow. (Patricia Williams said this in church yesterday).  God's Word says that we reap what we sow...have you planted good seed.  Don't jerk up your good seed with the words of your mouth.  The power of life and death are in the tongue.

Our service Sunday morning was so powerful.  During the Eucharist, I could feel that this was the day I was going to the Fountain.  My dry spell was OVER!!  Truthfully, I knew it the night before when I was sharing about the LORD with my best friend, Sarah.

Don't dread the wilderness, the dry places.  It's a time for healing and rest.  It's a time for reflection and discipline.  You really see what you are made of when your body, soul and spirit are under duress.
It makes you stop all the craziness and pinpoint your source of sustenance.  Trials, difficulties, dry places are not there so God can see where you are...it's so you can see where you are.  God already knows your heart.  We need to be reminded that our heart is deceitful and our motives so many times are selfish.  It's during the wilderness that we gain compassion for others and begin to see beyond ourselves.  The wilderness is a beautiful opportunity to draw from the waters that can't be seen but are flowing deep beneath the surface.

When we come to the end of the dry spell...the celebration is so sweet!!  Like our service yesterday morning.  The sweet, sweet anointing of the Living Waters filled Christ the King Church and all who wanted a drink, received.


IT'S WORKING
by William Murphy

This is my season for grace for favor
The is my season to reap what I have sown

This is my season for grace for favor
This is my season to reap what I have sown

I haven't been perfect, but I sure been faithful
God's got a purpose 
Yes and I know He's able

I've got a seed in the ground, 
That He's blessing
No more stressing
I've got a seed in the ground
Now I know Him I can show Him

This is my season for grace for favor
This is my season to reap what I have sown

Everything is working together for my good
Everything is working together for my good.

It's good
It's good
It's good
It's good
It's working for my good

This is my season for grace for favor
This is my season to reap what I have sown.

No comments:

Post a Comment