hope sign

hope sign

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Positive Words


I am a positive person.  I try and stay away from "Debbie Downers" and try to surround myself with positive people.  This is not always possible especially when you are ministering to people.  But as a rule, I do try and keep life positive.

Speak positive words...have a positive life.

I love the Word of God.  I was reading this morning in Psalm 27 and I decided to look it up in the Message Bible.  After telling the LORD that He has been his help and asking God to not turn away from him, David ends on a positive note.

"I'm sure now I'll see God's goodness in the exuberant earth.
Stay with God!  Take heart.  Don't quit.  I'll say it again: Stay with God."  Psalm 27 13-14 MSG

Even with his enemies after him, people speaking lies against him, David speaks a positive word that will get him through.  It is so important that we speak words of encouragement to ourselves as well as to others.

We are suppose to encourage ourselves in the Lord.  Don't wait on someone else to do it.  You have the ability to speak yourself into joy and fill your home with all things good.

What we read, watch, surround ourselves with: impacts our life, impacts our homes, impacts our children, our marriages, our friends, our faith.

I know that This is the day that the LORD has made.  I will rejoice and be glad in it.

Be Blessed today.  Encourage yourself in the goodness of the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment