hope sign

hope sign

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Dreams

Sunlight on my plane ride back home.  Yes, I put some color in it
but the sunburst is real.

Have you ever had a dream that when you woke up, you knew that it was suppose to mean something? It is like you need to remember more of the dream but only bits and pieces remain.  I had such a dream before I woke up this morning.  What sticks out the most are words of a song that a man was singing in my dream.

I am here
The chains are broken
I am here
The chains are broken

He was singing with a gospel group, leading worship in our church.  He had a nasal voice but powerful...kind of reminded me of my son, Jake's voice,  except this guy was black and had long braids.  The song was building with the bass and drums.

I am here
The chains are broken
I am here 
The chains are broken

Then I hear Bo's phone buzz....AHHHHHHHH!!!!  What is the rest of the song?  It's nothing I have heard before and now I cannot get that part out of my head.  

Of course, I am thinking of other parts.

I am here
The chains are broken
No need to fear
The chains are broken

Maybe I should go to my sister who can write songs that will speak to you for years to come.  I am not the songwriter in the family.  My older sister and brother have been given this amazing gift and I stand in awe of their abilities.  

But there is a chance that this could be a message for me and I just have to keep singing it so that when I need it, it's there...a part of me...ingrained in my spirit...spiritual food for the day of battle.  

It isn't a surprise to me that the song would be a Gospel song, sung by a Gospel group.  That is the way our church worship flows.  I guess I will write these lyrics on my board in my office until I feel a release of the words.  

If these words are for you too, share with me if God gives you the rest of the song.  

I hope you have a great day.  Free of chains and fear.  Knowing that wherever you are, God is there.  

Be Blessed!!

Me, Henry and Juliana at her
birthday lunch.  

No comments:

Post a Comment