hope sign

hope sign

Monday, September 23, 2013

5 Favorite Things About Fall


The leaves are starting to change colors and fall in our yard.  There is a cool breeze but the sun is still bright.  Fall is my favorite time of the year.  

Here are my 5 favorite things about Fall.

1-The Smell.  The smell takes me back to living above the church, playing with my sisters and brother in the evenings, after school.  We had so much fun and we entertained ourselves for hours. 

2-The Pumpkins.  I love pumpkins.  I love pumpkin pie, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin spice lattes...YUMMY and their fun to decorate with.


3-All the COLORS!!!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE Fall colors!!!  The greens, reds, oranges, yellows and purples.  It's like God gives us one last burst of color before winter arrives.  

4-APPLES!!  I love baking with apples in the Fall.  Just making applesauce and apple pies, it makes the whole house smell wonderful.  

5-Bonfires.  I love it when we have a crowd at the house, fire in the pit, marshmallows on the stick with laughter and music...all bundled up in sweatshirts, jeans and UGG's.  No need for jackets, just sweatshirts.  Now that is my kind of night.  


I love so many things about Fall and my plan was to do 10 favorite things about Fall but I have this nasty cold and I am on medicine.  Hopefully, my blog makes sense today.  

I guess I am just thankful that we get to experience all 4 seasons in their fullest.  That is one of the great things about living in Maryland.  I feel very blessed...cold and all.  


My windows are open, I am bundled up in my robe and covers, writing in my bed...who can ask for more?  



No comments:

Post a Comment