hope sign

hope sign

Friday, August 23, 2013

Weekend Plans

Presley and Henry playing in the fountain
next to our Magnolia tree.
This was last year…loving the diaper wedgie on my baby.



I am truly looking forward to my weekend.

I GET TO PAINT!!!  YAY!!!!

I know some hate to paint, but I love how a gallon of paint can transform a room.  Paint makes it fresh and feels like you have something new.

My best friend is turning her spare room into an office for herself.  This is so unlike her.  She rarely does anything for herself and I am very proud of her.

The amazing thing is, she has decided to go bold with her color.  I am so excited, I can't hardly wait for tomorrow afternoon.

I did tell her that paint is just paint.  If we put it up and she says, STOP, we will stop and go get something different.

I will be taking pictures of the before and after.

In September, we will be going to the Gypsy Vintage sale (link here) in Lothian, Maryland, to see if we can find her some furniture for her home office.  They have the coolest, re-purposed pieces for sale on the first weekend of each month.  I bought a sofa, desk, mirror, mantle and some smaller items from there a couple of months ago for my office.

I always get so excited when I am going to get to do something creative.

We found a couple of chandeliers that we thought would be really pretty for her office and mine.  I am still not quite finished with my office.




Option 1

This is my favorite for my office
(link here)
She hasn't seen this one.  Just found it online and its only $109.


Option 2 

I think this is Sarah's favorite for her office.
(link here)



Option 3


This is another option.  Might give more light.
(link here)

I don't know if we will use a chandelier but I think every room should have a little bling.  

I hope you have great plans for your weekend.  Whether it is relaxing at home or doing something crazy and creative.  

To me, each new season is an opportunity to refresh the home.  Make a change in a room or two.  New paint, new blankets…anything that makes it fresh.  It doesn't have to be new, it can be moved from one room to another or brought out of the basement and given new life with new color or a new purpose.  

Have a blessed weekend.  


"Kind words can be short
and easy to speak,
but their echoes
are 
truly endless."
Mother Teresa



No comments:

Post a Comment