hope sign

hope sign

Friday, August 2, 2013

Light-bearers


 I have been coming into my office in the evening to finish getting it complete or to just read.  One thing I have noticed, something that has startled me a couple of times, is how the bugs outside are trying so hard to get inside.  They will bang up against the screen so hard that I can hear inside, through the screen, the glass and any kind of noise going on in here.  

What are the bugs trying to get to?  

What is so appealing in the house?

Nope, it's not me. 

It's the light!!!

  

I have two lamps on my desk and at night they are the only source of light in my office (for now).  


The bugs are risking the spider webs that seem to suddenly appear.  

Most of them get caught by the web…

smart spider or dumb bug????  

The light seems to call to them and they come as fast as their wings can fly…
BOOM…
Screen…
Web…
bye bye bug!!  



That is commitment.  That is giving your all.  That should be our commitment to Jesus.  We have the light.  We know the source.  Too many times, we wish to be unseen, under the radar, unnoticed; thinking, please don't ask me about my beliefs.  But God's word tells us…

"Ye are the light of the world.
A city that is set on a hill
cannot be hid.
Neither do men light a candle, 
and put it under a bushel,
but on a candlestick;
and it giveth light unto all
that are in the house.
Let you light so shine before men,
that they may see your good works,
and glorify your Father
which is in heaven."
Matthew 5:14-16 KJV

As usual, I looked this up in the Message Bible.  I know it is a lot of reading by I wanted to give you this perspective on the scripture above.  To me it shows how important it is for Christians to step up and be what God has called us to be…LIKE CHRIST!!!

"Here's another way to put it:
You're here to be light,
bringing out the God-colors in the world.


God is not a secret
to be kept.



We're going public with this,
as public as a city on a hill.
If I make you light-bearers,


you don't think
I'm going to hide you
under a bucket, do you?
I'm putting you on a 
light stand.
Now that I've put you up there
on a hilltop, 
on a light stand-
SHINE!
Keep open house;


be generous with your lives.
By opening up to others,
you'll prompt people
to open up with God, 
this generous
Father in heaven."
Matthew 5:14-16 MSG

My prayer for you this weekend; is that you will be the light that shows someone Jesus!!   We have to let His LIGHT shine through us.  Someone needs to know that Jesus Loves Them.




No comments:

Post a Comment