hope sign

hope sign

Friday, August 30, 2013

It's A Good Good Day

My big sis, Christian, sent me this yesterday.
Love my Sisters!!!

I got up feeling good today.  Today just has a positive feeling about it.  I love days like this.  I feel revived, renewed and excited to see what today may bring.

Do you ever have days like that?  We hear so much of how bad people feel.  Every other commercial on TV is about aches and pains, mental disorders, depression drugs…it can make you feel like the whole world is hurting and depressed.

We are more prone to talk about how bad we feel than to share the wonderful life that we have been blessed with.  I know some have it really hard while others seem to have it super easy.  The older I get though, I have come to realize that battles, trials, hard times are equal opportunity thieves.  Hardships and bad days prey on everyone from every walk of life.  Nine times out of ten, how we deal with them makes all the difference.

Children in the Philippines…Palawan
If we curl up in a little ball and cry in the corner of the room, dwelling on what is wrong, the hardship has conquered us.  If we continue with our life, looking for the positive, finding the joy in the small things or anywhere we can, the hardship has not taken the living out of life.  Most of the time it is all about our perspective.  I do believe a good cry cleanses us sometimes.  But don't dwell in the flood of tears…cry…dry your eyes…wash your face…surround yourself with people who make you laugh.

Me, Mom and Daddy…they keep me positive
Mom makes me laugh…one funny woman
On the Ferry to Ocracoke, NC

I know, I sound like Pollyanna.  To be honest, I love Pollyanna.  I love how the movie shows that one person can bring a town living in darkness into the light of love, forgiveness and joy.  It really is a good movie.  I love how the old man adopts the little boy…reaching out to someone in need, gave that man a purpose beyond himself.


I do think that the key to true happiness is getting beyond yourself and giving to others.  I know I harp on this a lot but I see so many who have so much to give but live unto themselves while there are so many in need.  It's not about how much money you have or don't have.  It's not about cooking a meal for 300 homeless.  It's about helping one so that one may be able to help one.  

While we are living for us, we are robbing ourselves of the greatest gift…the gift of giving.  I always believe that a true giver will always have something to give.  

I want to encourage you to reach out to the ones on the perimeter, beyond your home, family and circle of friends.  

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.  

Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment