hope sign

hope sign

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Long Weekend Lessons

I hope everyone had a blessed extended weekend. I know we did.

Last night, under a beautifully decorated pergola, we celebrated my baby sisters birthday, which is today.  The food was delicious, the company was entertaining and the evening was classy, just like Cheryl.  I am so proud of my niece, Lauren for planning this party for her Momma.

I would post pictures, but I am battling with my computer.  It has taken me all morning to get to this point.  We are fast becoming enemies, I do believe.

Some things that I have learned over my long weekend.

1. Don't stay up till 3 am watching a movie.  You will regret it in the morning and all the next day.  

2. Don't try and move a full hope chest across the room with the bottom of your legs and knees.  Your knee won't stay put and it is very painful.  

3. Don't move a full hope chest at all by yourself.  Your back can't handle the strain and you will be left in pain…LESSON LEARNED, just a little too late.

4. Cobwebs are everywhere.  If you walk through one, it might go up your nose.  Not a pleasant lesson to learn at 11pm.  You won't feel clean until you shower, no matter what you do.

5. Don't trust a 17 year old to make a cake for her mother…it might just be in the shape of a butt.  These kids are crazy.

6. Wash linens as soon as you use them.  If you don't, it will be let go for too long and when you need them, they will not be available.  

7. I have a bag problem.  I have bags in every color and size.  You know you save too many bags when you are cleaning and you pull out one bag that has 10 more inside.  Throw them OUT.  

8. My daughter kept trash from Christmas in her closet that was like 8 years old.  Time to check out all the closets.  Keeping trash is crazy.  But to her credit, it was in a box and she didn't know it was in there…lol

9. I cannot lead worship and give speeches on the same day.  My voice cannot handle it and I end up singing like a raspy rocker past her prime…lol

10. I NEED A NEW COMPUTER!!!!!

Did you learn any lessons this weekend?

Hopefully tomorrow, you will get a blog with some worthy content.  Today is just not that day.

Be Blessed.

"God made the world for the delight of human beings--
if we could see His goodness everywhere,
His concern for us, 
His awareness of our needs:
the phone call we have waited for,
the ride we are offered,
the letter in the mail,
just the little things He does for us throughout the day.
As we remember and notice His love for us,
we just begin to fall in love with Him
because He is so busy with us--
you just can't resist Him.
I believe there's no such thing as luck in life,
it's God's love, 
it's His."
Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment