hope sign

hope sign

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

For Some Ordinary, For Others A Dream

Perfection
I spent some time yesterday with my wonderful niece, Lauren and my godson/great nephew, Jacob.  Henry and I went over to their house so the boys could play together.

Jacob and Henry
Henry was so excited to be going that as soon as he walked in my door, first thing in the morning, he asked, "We go to Jacobs now?".  He was not very patient about it.  But as soon as we walk into Lauren's front door, Henry is all shy…these kids, make me laugh.

It took Henry a little while to get social but he had an amazing time.  Of course when you get two three year old boys together, there will be Ironman, Spiderman, Ninja Turtles…every super hero you can think of.

The new Christ the King worship team
While playing in Jacobs room, the boys were standing on his little bed, fighting me…I think I was the bad guy, Jacob tells us, "Hey, we are the savers!"  I laughed so hard because he was telling us that they were the good guys.  I love it that little guys just want to be the, "Good Guys" or "Savers".  They want to fight evil and the bad guys.

We watched them go from Superhero's to playing music in a band to being soccer players to being animals in a tree.  I absolutely love a three year old imagination.  I wish I could read their minds sometimes.

By 1:15 they were both tired, so we started cleaning up and gathering our stuff together to go home.  Jacob was crying because he didn't want to take a nap and Henry was crying because he didn't want to leave.  Thankfully, by the time we got into the car, Henry was no longer crying and I think Jacob was okay too.


So handsome

I am thankful for the time I get to spend with my family.  I love seeing the next generation getting along so well.  I am so proud of the woman that Lauren has become and the family she has.  We cannot wait until the new baby arrives.  

It's like I said yesterday, The Joy in the Ordinary.  When you stop and think about it, days like yesterday are not ordinary for some.  The feeling of peace and security is only a dream for some in the world.  Even in our beautiful, wonderful, amazing United States.  So many children live in dangerous homes with abusive parents…both physically and mentally.  Their homes are full of drugs and poverty. I pray as I feel blessed, that I never forget what others live in and with.  

"At the end of life
we will not be judged 
by how many diplomas we have received,
how much money we have made,
how may great things we have done.
We will be judged by;
I was hungry and you gave me something to eat,
I was naked and you clothed me.
I was homeless and you took me in."
Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment