hope sign

hope sign

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Giving Them Completeness


This has been a busy morning.  Church leadership breakfast meeting and when I get home, my grandson is waiting on me.  He starts looking around his table and finds the craft supplies that I had purchased last week.  He was super excited.  So this morning we made a ladybug, a hairy spider and he practiced cutting by making a snake with my help.  I love crafty days especially when it is raining outside.


I love opportunities to speak into my little grandson's life.  He is two and a half, he is bright and eager to do new things.  Being eager to do new things makes a way for me to talk to him about Jesus and how God made the animals, even the bugs and snakes.  If we as parents and grandparents don't teach them about our Faith, someone else is going to pick up the slack.  We were created to believe.  We were made to have fellowship with our Lord and Savior.  There are many who search and search for something to fill the hole that only Jesus can fill because no one told them about their Creator and Redeemer.

I don't want my children or grandchildren to grow up not knowing the TRUTH.  In John 14: 6 NKJV, "Jesus said to him, I am The way, The truth and The life…"  When we neglect to teach them about Jesus everything is altered.  They are lost in sin and lies and their lives aren't complete because of our neglect.

Jesus completes it all.

No longer will they be lost because He is The Way.

No longer will they be drowning in lies because He is The Truth.

No longer will their lives be incomplete because He is The Life

…COMPLETE in HIM!!!



John 8:34 MSG, "Jesus said, "I tell you most solemnly that anyone who chooses a life of sin is trapped in a dead-end life and is, in fact, a slave.  A slave is a transient, who can't come and go at will."  Sin makes our children slaves.  Jesus offers freedom.

So as you are playing with ladybugs or hairy spiders (fake ones); if you play house or make a fort out of blankets; when you are eating your lunch or have a cookie for snack; talk to your precious treasures from God and teach them His ways.  Yes, Henry is only 2 1/2 years old but he can learn now and he will continue to learn.  It is my job to guide what he is learning.

I hope you have a nice warm snuggle place to read and just enjoy your little treasures today.  If you don't have any little ones at home then enjoy a nice cozy spot to meditate on the goodness of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment