hope sign

hope sign

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Learn The Unforced Rhythms of Grace

Dr. Rozell preached at our church last night.  It was a powerful sermon titled "Unforced Rhythms of Grace."  He shared a scripture from the Message Bible that just keeps speaking to me.  

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." (Matthew 11:28-30 MSG)

We sang a song during the Worship service called, "He Is Here".  The chorus goes, "He is here, He is here, to break the yoke and lift the heavy burden…"  When we are in His presence, there is a peace that we cannot explain.  It's not that all our problems have vanished or that we are living a perfect life.  Our lives can seem to be falling apart, yet we have peace.  

Learning the unforced rhythms of grace means that it will become such a part of who you are, it is now your nature.  Moving to and with the rhythms of grace…receiving it from the Lord and giving it to others and even yourself.  Dr. Rozell stated that when we fail or miss the mark, Grace says, "OK, we will try again tomorrow."  Grace doesn't excuse us from doing wrong or give us a license to sin, it guides us to the truth and lets us see our sin.  Not to condemn us or destroy us but to save us, deliver us, give us freedom and a much lighter load to carry.  Sin is heavy and destructive.  It is because of God's grace that we have a place to go for real rest.  Read the scripture above again.  What does it say, "Come to me…Get away with me…Walk with me…Work with me…Learn…Keep company with me", In His Presence you find peace, freedom, rest, unforced rhythms of grace, a lighter load.  

I encourage you today to enter into the presence of the LORD.  Talk to Him, sing songs of worship, study His Word.  Even in the middle of the battle, you will find peace.

One last quote from Dr. Rozell's message:
Faith is an action based on a belief and sustained by a confidence that God always keeps His WordYou can take it to the bank!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment