hope sign

hope sign

Thursday, April 25, 2013

We Pursue What We Love




I love mornings.  I love the quiet, the smell of morning, the light that wakes everything up, mornings are so peaceful.  Unfortunately, I have the worst time getting up early in the morning.  Something that I enjoy so much and most days, I sleep right through the best part of it.  I get up so late that I have to rush to get things done and then I am still running late.

Why do we do that?  Why do we neglect the things that we love and enjoy, just to set us in a whirlwind later?  I say us or we but I mean "I or me".  I always say to myself, "I am going to get up early and go for a walk, take some pictures and enjoy my morning."  But what do I do?  I roll over and open one eye to see the time, turn back into my sweet spot in the bed and continue in my slumber.  Now, I do find it easier to get up early when I am at the beach and it's warm outside. It's like the waves wake me up calling my name.

It all comes down to this, We all have the life we truly desire.  If I truly desired to get up early, I would do it.  Truthfully, no one can stop me from doing what I truly want to do, not even me.  My husband always says, "People do what they want to do."  Humans are very resourceful beings.  We will work it out no matter what happens, if we want to.  Bishop Estep said in his message last night, "We pursue what we love."

I guess the question for me today is, WHAT DO I LOVE?  I guess I have to correct the first line of this post, I love mornings to I like mornings.  If I truly loved mornings, my backside would be out of that bed and enjoying my morning.  What do I love?  How do I show love?  What will I do for love?  If we ask ourselves these questions, we will start to prioritize our lives and those things that we truly love will rise to the top of the list.

I hope you all have a blessed day and that each of you have a love to pursue!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment